Cars agents drive

Hiya,

Doesn't make a lot of sense to advertise the cars when trying to get new listings... All that says to me is that the agency charges too much and can afford to drop their commission ;)

So, is the ad looking for new staff, rather than new clients?

Perhaps I'm thinking in the wrong direction, but that was how I interpreted it.

Cheers

James.

I agree, James. I thought it must be an employment ad for the agency to hire a new salesperson. That would make much more sense. "Come work for us and THIS is what you could be driving!".

It certainly wouldn't induce me to sell or buy through them. Also, as a buyer I look at all the self-laudatory ads by RE agents as turnoffs. You know the sort - I sold $2 million in property this week! I get better than the asking price for every property listed! I was number one RE agent for the month!
I got blood out of every stone, er buyer I sold to. I often wonder WHO they are all trying to impress - each other perhaps?

It's just a pissing contest. The funny thing is that anyone who bangs on about how expensive and fantastic their car/house/etc is, is generally a two-bit spiv in the big scheme of things. Those with real money would never carry on like tools like that.

One of the more respected(by some) agent around my area drives an old Chev Impala ,I think and also has a Belair .

Has the gold tooth and hairdo as well and look's an absolute shark, but is the first guy I'll speak to in the area if buying again.

He's been around for 10 years that I know of, so must be doing something right.

Dave

Back