Cashflow and Capital Growth

Hi, I am interested in identifying boom towns where one can expect positive cashflow and also capital growth. Appreciate sharing your research including entry / price point and rental expectation.

Welcome!

Talk about going for the jugular!

I like frankston and Ballarat at the moment, but I dont have any specific research I have to back this up apart from what is redilly available from internet forums and property investment magazines.

Hi, I am interested in identifying boom towns where one can expect positive cashflow and also capital growth. Appreciate sharing your research including entry / price point and rental expectation.

That, my friend, is every property investor's dream. I've gotten that from investing in the inner-city areas of Melbourne but not sure what the next few years is going to be like.

Don't know if you have the funds to do so but I think commercial property is a good area to pounce on soon. Plenty of mortgagee / desperate sales coming up.

Yep, just like everyone here I suspect.

What has your research bought up so far?

I like frankston and Ballarat at the moment,

The main problem with Frankston is the lack of industry. Many blue collar workers need to head to dandenong (or around) to get to work. I think unemployment levels are high in Frankston and although it is in a great spot linking Melbourne to the Mornington peninsular, and has been highlighted by the govt as a strategic growth area, I can't see great capital gains happening anytime soon. I agree with an earlier poster than some inner city suburbs still provide good cashflow and have gains left in them (ie. Footscray, collingwood, abbotsford). Changes over the next 5-10 years (ala whar occured in Richmond) in the social demography could mean these suburbs on the city fringe get good capital growth. The other benefit is there is a strong rental market. I live in Richmond and have been around the area for 25 years.

any such properties on the central coast, nsw?

To be cash flow positive on a property, you really need a gross rental return of about 8 percent.

I am yet to find a cash flow positive property with good capital growth on the central coast, nsw. I think you would definitely have to purchase near sydney cbd to have a chance e.g a furnished unit or house for rental to executives.

To be cash flow positive on a property, you really need a gross rental return of about 8 percent.
I am yet to find a cash flow positive property with good capital growth on the central coast, nsw.
I don't think you are looking hard enough :)
We regularly buy houses with dual income (2nd income mostly from granny flats) around 8% or better.

It takes some effort, but you can find houses returning over 6% yield and drop a granny flat in the backyard for another $220-250pw pushing the yield to over 8%.

I don't think you are looking hard enough :)
We regularly buy houses with dual income (2nd income mostly from granny flats) around 8% or better.

It takes some effort, but you can find houses returning over 6% yield and drop a granny flat in the backyard for another $220-250pw pushing the yield to over 8%.

Does the granny flat ever adversly affect the houses yeild?

Does the granny flat ever adversly affect the houses yeild?
It does affect the yield on the house a little - yes. If the house would have rented for $320pw on its own, it may only achieve $290pw with a granny flat out back. However, the flip side of this is that a 2brm granny flat will rent for $250+pw and cost less (sometimes way less) than $100K to build.

house and granny flat

It does affect the yield on the house a little - yes. If the house would have rented for $320pw on its own, it may only achieve $290pw with a granny flat out back. However, the flip side of this is that a 2brm granny flat will rent for $250+pw and cost less (sometimes way less) than $100K to build.

My impression is that such properties are usually found in the peninsula area - woy woy, ettalong, etc. I am concerned that these areas lack any real capital growth potential in the short to medium term. These house and granny flat deals are not usually found in the blue chip areas of the central coast such as terrigal, point frederick, avoca, etc.

Welcome!

Talk about going for the jugular!

I like frankston and Ballarat at the moment, but I dont have any specific research I have to back this up apart from what is redilly available from internet forums and property investment magazines.

Ballarat has too many industries reliant on a low $A especially manufacturing.

My impression is that such properties are usually found in the peninsula area - woy woy, ettalong, etc. I am concerned that these areas lack any real capital growth potential in the short to medium term. These house and granny flat deals are not usually found in the blue chip areas of the central coast such as terrigal, point frederick, avoca, etc.

!!! Positive cash flow !!!

6 Junction Rd, Terrigal - Auction this Saturday.

http://www.belleproperty.com/for-sale/NSW/Central-Coast/Terrigal/House/16P0848-6-junction-road-terrigal-nsw-2260

Back