CASHFLOW game online?...anyone want to play?

I've played the game between 10 and 20 times and I must say I just don't understand why so many people think it's such an awesome learning experience.
Yes, it does give you a rudimentary understanding of balance sheets and you have to make be able to see whether something is a good deal or not, but that's about it. It doesn't take all that long to figure out how to play the game and it'll only teach you about a tiny fraction of investing and I think the areas it teaches you about should already have been learned by investors.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there is merit to playing this game, especially for people that are thinking of breaking into investing. I just don't think as valuable as some people say.

Or maybe I'm just missing something. :confused:

Not sure about android....it needs flash...so it didn't work on my iPad...had to use the laptop.... Log on and give it a go.....not sure how long a full game will take...as a guess from my own game I would guess maybe 60-90 mins

Believe it or not it actually worked on my Galaxy Note!

I've played the game between 10 and 20 times and I must say I just don't understand why so many people think it's such an awesome learning experience.
Yes, it does give you a rudimentary understanding of balance sheets and you have to make be able to see whether something is a good deal or not, but that's about it. It doesn't take all that long to figure out how to play the game and it'll only teach you about a tiny fraction of investing and I think the areas it teaches you about should already have been learned by investors.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there is merit to playing this game, especially for people that are thinking of breaking into investing. I just don't think as valuable as some people say.

It is valuable to people unlike the majority of us.

Playing it would be an eye opener to your typical 9-to-5er, work-a-holic, rat-race addicted minion.

Forces a paradigm shift on these people which can be uncomfortable for them.

Compare that to the majority of SSers where we presently think interms of the fundamentals that CASHFLOW is trying to teach.

I seem to be having some 'technical difficulties'.... I'm trying to load the game to have a play and it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried 3 different browsers and they all get stuck on the 'loading' screen.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hi all just checking in quickly...sorry am out tonight....
How about a game tomorrow night at 8:00pm Sydney/Melbourne time.

I think you're pretty right ... once you know how to play the game it's a bit of a no-lose setup and then only comes down to luck as to how long it takes to finish.

Every payday you have a positive cashflow (as if that always happens :rolleyes:) - every property deal is spelt out for you as either positive or negative CG and CF so choosing whether to buy or not is a no brainer - similar with the share market cards telling you what the normal price range is, so if it's low in the price range then you buy as many as you can.

It's great for basic learning of balance sheets but I think Monopoly is better.

Real life is better again.

Back