CBA 'platinum' debit mastercard

Merchant pays fees based on type of card.

Premium card (platinum,black etc) attracts higher merchant fee..returning more $$$$ to bank (in the end)

We got one too...

I think it is deceptive marketing and practice.

I ll buy visa and MasterCard shares now... They destined to see increase in their income...

Invitation only...suspect only via private banking are and requires a minimum spend of 250 per year on the card is what I hear.

Only heard about it in whispers and such, does anyone here actually have one or knows someone directly who has one?

Invitation only...suspect only via private banking are and requires a minimum spend of 250 per year on the card is what I hear.

It used to be invite only but I think they've watered it down and you can request a card if you do enough turnover. Many businesses would easily do >250k a year and qualify. The kicker is it costs $7500 to join then you pay a $2500 annual fee, so $10k for the first year.

They say its made from anodized titanium but titanium does not anodize black. I used to work on corrosion resistance for military systems and dealt with plating companies quite often. Although some low voltage runs will produce a dark bronze/purple colour, it's definitely not the shade of black on the Centurion card.

I called a friend at American Express and confirmed that their official claim is that the card is made from anodized titanium. I think that the card is actually hard coated with Titanium Aluminum Nitride, a common coating for tools requiring a thicker and harder surface than traditional Anodizing, which can offer the rich black coating that's seen on the card. Although similar in appearance, the coating is actually applied with a physical vapor deposition process rather than electrolyte solution like anodizing.

If Amex's target clientele were the engineering community, they could advertise that the card is made from PVD hard coated titanium for superior wear resistance.

centurion-how-to-get-it.png

Must be a Polish thing? ;)

Why would people not disclose.....never fear kidnappings of rich people is rate in OZ...may Russia but rare here. :D

Also...rich people probably would be put off by the 7k charge...that is how they got rich in the first place! :)

As if people would disclose that, come on?

Last edited:
Must be a Polish thing? ;)

Why would people not disclose.....never fear kidnappings of rich people is rate in OZ...may Russia but rare here. :D

Also...rich people probably would be put off by the 7k charge...that is how they got rich in the first place! :)

You are funny.... Didn't you know the world is global, even Russians are here now!
Yes, I agree the cost would seem to be high, I have to ask my friend if he has it or was it the cost that differed him? But wouldn't they be able to claim it as business tax deduction, especially if they own mines in US, have business here too and travel the world?:confused:

Agree the world is global. ;)

Don't know whether the Russians understand this.....in the UK...they are careful about letting in Russians now...a lot of their money is lets say tainted. Don't know if I would be happy to have too many Russians in Australia given their boorish behaviour in Europe. I love cracking jokes about them..they pretend they don't understand. ;)

I any case...lets say I have some knowledge of Amex.... ;)

спокойной ночи

You are funny.... Didn't you know the world is global, even Russians are here now!
Yes, I agree the cost would seem to be high, I have to ask my friend if he has it or was it the cost that differed him? But wouldn't they be able to claim it as business tax deduction, especially if they own mines in US, have business here too and travel the world?:confused:

Last edited:

Don't know whether the Russians understand this.....in the UK...they are careful about letting in Russians now...a lot of their money is lets say tainted. Don't know if I would be happy to have too many Russians in Australia given their boorish behaviour in Europe. I love cracking jokes about them..they pretend they don't understand. ;)

спокойной ночи

It think you made my day, honestly love your sense of humour.....
Trust me they understand...and lucky we have internet, we now can write in any language we like, right?
We actually have some Russians working for us, well, sub-contracting with us at present, so beware!;)

спокойной ночи

Trust me they understand...and lucky we have internet, we now can write in any language we like, right?
We actually have some Russians working for us, well, sub-contracting with us at present, so beware!;)

Good night to you too!:)

Thats ok I used to take out the Spetnaz and put radioactive materials into people via an umbrella in a past life. :D;)

Good night to you too!:)

Contacted CBA about my platinum debit card offer. I've never received such vague answers relating to their own product. Helpful, but vague. None of it made much sense to me, but I can rest easy now that if I'm too lazy to book a restaurant, I can call them to do it for me. I couldn't get any info on their best price purchase guarantee. Life will maintain its course for me. Not much change I reckon.

Back