CBI#5 Drive through ATM

Crazy Business idea No. 5

Why not have a drive through ATM. Most ATMs are located at the banks or inside a shopping centre, busiest places in town. It's bloody annoying when you can't find a park near the ATM so you can get some cash. The idea would be that you charge a fee of $1 or $2 per transaction. I don't know how much business you'd get or what an ATM costs to run. There would be security issues as well. The concept could include various vending machines in the same driveway, change machines etc.

They have these in the States already; might not be so crazy after all.

(Or, that might make the idea a little more crazy, depending on your view of the world :D )

the westpac one at Alexandria claims to be the first in Sydney. It doesn't seem to be easy to find I happened to drive past it in a carpark otherwise I wouldn't have known it was there.

There are (at least) 2 Bendigo Bank locations in Geelong that are drive thru.

We were talking about drive-thru on the weekend, and mates came up with the idea of a drive-thru bakery! General shoppers can grab a few loaves or rolls, someone on the way to a morning tea picks up a sponge or something, and the tradies can grab a pie or sausage roll.

It happening quite a bit in OZ these days . They generally drive an F100 or something solid straight through them. Seems to work well :rolleyes:

I want drive through milk bars , hate getting out just to go into the shop.

LOL.... these are everywhere in the US. I use them because you don't need to bother finding a parking space!

They are usually in groups of 2-4 here in the US, so no waiting....

Great idea and glad Australia is starting to do the same. ;)

Back