Cemetery

Grave plots can be quite expensive however people aren't so keen on used ones in Australia, unlike Europe where there is a shortage & they can be recycled after 20 odd years.

If you're looking to buy near a cemetery there's a new development coming on board at North Ryde adjoining the M2 & the Northern Districts Cemetery.

I remember seeing a selling houses australia episode where they had a house across the road from a cemetry might be worth a watch!

As we are recycling the old ones...

There is a big downside to living near a cemetery. You're not allowed to be buried in that cemetery.

Because if you're living there, you're not dead yet.

If it is a well maintained old should be no problem

If it is a current one look at the traffic and noise on the week ends and how it affects the property

I'll be the only non comedian here!

Besides the stigma, you may find a lot of cultural groups will NOT live anywhere near a cemetery, which can reduce your tenant pool.

TBH, I wouldn't bother - there's so many A+ prime properties out there, why bother even looking at C-D grade.

I once got offered a job at a cemetery near my place. I knocked it back because I didn't like doing the graveyard shift:)

My father went into palliative care, the ward overlooked a cemetery. Great planning folks.

I'm with Corey, why limit the possible rental pool.

Reduced demand equals reduced yields.

Regards

Andrew

Back