Central Queensland Investors

Hi,
Just wondering if there are any CQ Investors? If so, how many and where are your properties located? Any recommendation on Agent's?

I'm really just interested in general feedback from PI's. Rockhampton, Gracemere, Yeppoon, Emu Park & all surrounding suburbs.

I'm currently based in Gladstone with an IP in Rockhampton (in postcode 4701). Not currently intending on purchasing any more in Central Queensland, I am currently in Brisbane doing research in a number of areas in South East Queensland.

As I currently see things:

Rockhampton - Situation varies depending on which part of Rockhampton. Overall, the market as a whole seems to be solid with some minor growth happening in most areas but certainly not booming. The vacancy rate did rise a fair bit in the latter part of last year, but seems to have tightened a fair bit this year on the back of a rapid uptake of rentals in Gracemere (which at one point had a vacancy rate around 11%).

Yeppoon/Capricorn Coast - Relative similar situation to Rockhampton. There seem to be a few new apartment complexes on the horizon now.

Gladstone - The market looks like it isn't far from the bottom of the cycle. There are no shortage of underpriced properties about on the market now, so there are some buying opportunities starting to pop up now. How long it takes to recover is another question... it may get dragged up with Queensland in general once things start moving. Vacancy rates still quite high, but starting to fall now, and rents look like they are stabilising at new normal levels now.

Are you looking to buy or sell? What are your observations of the markets?

I really should clarify my post topic..

I'm not looking to buy, sell or rent.

I'm a Property Manager :eek:

Stumbled across this forum and thought it would be a great opportunity of checking in and see in general how PI's are feeling about the current market, their Property Management services and the region in general.

Gives me an opportunity to reflect and if I can get an understanding of the general consensus of PI's, helps me do my job better.

My observation of the market at the moment are pretty similar to yours. Admittedly, haven't looked into the market in Gladstone..

Back