Centre zone - new Brisbane City Plan

Can anyone tell me how I go about finding a centre zone that is larger than 2000sqm.

What is a centre zone?

 Small lots: The requirements for small lots of 300 square metres has been revised in the low density residential zone, with sites now having to be within 200 metres from a centre zone that is larger than 2000 square metres. This will boost housing options in appropriate suburban areas.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it that aspect of the City Plan is about placing higher density residential closer to the amenities (such as shopping centres) and transport corridors, rather than anywhere it can fit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it that aspect of the City Plan is about placing higher density residential closer to the amenities (such as shopping centres) and transport corridors, rather than anywhere it can fit.

Correct, that is what came out of CityShape planning and is pretty much guiding what they are a looking at doing

"....centre zone that is larger than 2000 square metres." has this change again, or always been there?

I thought it can be any small shop front, even a small 2-3 takeway stores.

A 2000m2 is a reasonable size shopping complex.

"....centre zone that is larger than 2000 square metres." has this change again, or always been there?

I thought it can be any small shop front, even a small 2-3 takeway stores.

A 2000m2 is a reasonable size shopping complex.

Changed in last version of draft. Terrible outcome

Hi all,
How much value do you put on a property being within the 200m of a centre zone? Seems like a dumb question but I have a place that complies and could split to 2 x 340 sq m blocks and am struggling to understand what this means to me. Is it as simple as the obvious bulldoze the house split the land and build a couple of townhouses? Have never done a development but it is hard to see how this would make me a lot of profit (maybe I should run the numbers). Or is this more relevant when you have a 900 sq m block so 3 x townhouses?

Thanks for any thoughts
Scott

Hi all,
How much value do you put on a property being within the 200m of a centre zone? Seems like a dumb question but I have a place that complies and could split to 2 x 340 sq m blocks and am struggling to understand what this means to me. Is it as simple as the obvious bulldoze the house split the land and build a couple of townhouses? Have never done a development but it is hard to see how this would make me a lot of profit (maybe I should run the numbers). Or is this more relevant when you have a 900 sq m block so 3 x townhouses?

Thanks for any thoughts
Scott

Hi Scott

That is for freehold, so not townhouses but individual blocks of land. What 340m2 blocks of land are worth I don't know though.

What can you do with a property that is in a Low residential area, not under DCP, 788sqm - it has an existing house which is zoned multi-unit dwelling. It has a 3 bedder weather board house on top, and underneath two 2 bedroom registered flats.

If the whole place was knocked down can you build another multi-unit dwelling on it? Address is 3 Vimy Street, Bardon. I can't work out the maps on the BCC site :(

Back