Cheap alternative to ardit?

Hi guys,

Is anyone out there aware of a cheaper alternative to ardit floor leveller? I need to level 8m2, bringing it up approximately 20mm so that it can be tiled.

It will cost a small fortune to use ardit, so an alternative would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Hi guys,

Is anyone out there aware of a cheaper alternative to ardit floor leveller? I need to level 8m2, bringing it up approximately 20mm so that it can be tiled.

It will cost a small fortune to use ardit, so an alternative would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

ardit is specifically designed to level floors and has a good reputation ,a cheaper alternative may just well cost you time ,money and buying more tiles to cover the ardit you should have put down in the first place ,or you could screed a bed of sharp sand mixed with cement to a level bed ,the only drawback with this is you should only go down to about 10mm thick for it to be successful and the floor level will be raised :D

Hi,

20mm thick is too much for ardit....

good old sand and cement will do the job

rossv

ardit comes in varying compositions so that it will not slump up to a certain thickness , the codes are ardit 10 = 10mm ardit 20 = 20mm and so on

Sand and cement may crack. Of course, it may not, too, but it did for me that last time I did something similar. Took a couple of years to crack, but it did crack.

I was at Bunnings the other day and noticed a new product by Dunlop. I only looked at it because it was new and I couldn't work out what Dunlop were up to. It mentions Ardit on the pack in comparison i.e. says something like it's similar to Ardit. It would be half the price.

It can be bulked up with sand for deeper areas.

Back