Cheapest Lawn Mower (Petrol) ??

Expensive is often cheap. Mine still starts first pull after 30 years and I don't look after it well.

BR

My previous one is GMC with Briggs & Stratton machine.. Bought for less than $300 (in Bunnings) about 10 years ago.. It just start playing up recently (machine still running, but went-off almost every 3 minutes)..

Considering I didn't look after it well, it's a very good investment..

My previous one is GMC with Briggs & Stratton machine.. Bought for less than $300 (in Bunnings) about 10 years ago.. It just start playing up recently (machine still running, but went-off almost every 3 minutes)..

Considering I didn't look after it well, it's a very good investment..

Is there a blocked pinhole in the petrol filler cap? Though this would normally make the engine die after a much longer period.

could be something electrical....engine stopping after it warms up. Give it a full service, plug, airfilter etc and look after it.

My new front lawn grass will need it's first mow in a few weeks; can't wait.

I put in some turf a few months ago. I've been away from home for work a lot lately. This is the first weekend in ages I haven't been working. Really appreciated just being home and mowing the lawn (which looks awesome btw).

Is there a blocked pinhole in the petrol filler cap? Though this would normally make the engine die after a much longer period.

could be something electrical....engine stopping after it warms up. Give it a full service, plug, airfilter etc and look after it.

Thanks guys..
I tried again this morning. It was ok for 5 minutes, and then it stop by itself.
After 3 hours, I give it a go and it last for about 3 minutes before it stop again.

I think it's just aging. I'm more than happy to buy a new one.

I've decided to buy the below product.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/masport-470-2-n1-lawnmower_p3380665

Thanks all for all the suggestions.. Much appreciated.. :)

I got mine for around $120 sometime last year I think. We use to pay a guy around $25 to mow the grass but he moved Interstate and the other mob are charging a lot more, so I thought I'd just get one. I've used the thing around 10 times maybe.

Add the cost of petrol, oil, etc.

I think I'm ahead now even if it dies tomorrow :)

So instead of buying a mower around $500, I bought some materials and built a garden shed.

Is this a 2nd hand mower? So cheap..
Or maybe an electric one?

It was brand new. Brand is Pope with a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton. It was promotional.

I'm a rep that calls into Bunnings so I generally get a wind of what's about to be deleted or what's promotional which are generally on pallets or middle aisle. Promotional items are generally cheaper than stock item specially when they're down to the last few. There are times that I buy items I represent (promotional items) in store 'cause it's cheaper than getting it from the warehouse. It's a chance thing though. There was a time I bought a wrench set with toolbag and a cap because I know that the toolbag alone is worth that much, a customer behind me saw what I was buying and he bought one as well. So, if you see a rep in store buying their own product, chances are it's a very good deal. ;-)

It was brand new. Brand is Pope with a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton. It was promotional.

I'm a rep that calls into Bunnings so I generally get a wind of what's about to be deleted or what's promotional which are generally on pallets or middle aisle. Promotional items are generally cheaper than stock item specially when they're down to the last few. There are times that I buy items I represent (promotional items) in store 'cause it's cheaper than getting it from the warehouse. It's a chance thing though. There was a time I bought a wrench set with toolbag and a cap because I know that the toolbag alone is worth that much, a customer behind me saw what I was buying and he bought one as well. So, if you see a rep in store buying their own product, chances are it's a very good deal. ;-)

Thanks for the tips. Good one. :)

Back