Checkerboard tiles

Does anyone know anyone in Sydney that stocks black tiles to form a checkboard board style tile layout? I'm talking about relatively large (~20cm-30cm squared) plain glossy ones for kitchens. I thought I would get them to make my kitchen have a bit more life but I can't seem to find anyone that stocks them! Apparently black tiles are pretty rare these days. White tiles are obviously abundant though.

Cheers

I've done a lot of bathrooms and laundries like this but I've used 100mm square ones not the size you are suggesting. However, I don't think it should be a problem. I've seen plenty of black ones in my travels.

Make sure you get matt not gloss. I got mine from: http://lakestiles.com.au/

Cheers, Alan

Hi

I am a flooring retailer, i only sell vinyl tiles the problem with vinyl tiles is it is hard to get the white.

There is 300mm jet black and 300mm white tiles in the adjacent bathroom section to me at harvey norman gordon. contact carl if you were interested in them 94969200 ask for carl in the bathrooms and tiles section. Price is approx $35 m/2

Hope this helps

Damien

why would you do checkerboard?

it's - it's - it's - so 80's and appealing to a very limited market.

a nice plain matt neutral in a style that doesn't show every tea slop and crumb is my idea of a good kitchen floor!

p.s. neutral doesn't have to be cream or light - mine are dark with copper and grey highlights thru it.

haha thanks guys. I just thought it would look kind of unique and cool since not many places have them these days but I guess it does mean half my potential tenants may hate them. I guess I'll reconsider my choice.

haha thanks guys. I just thought it would look kind of unique and cool since not many places have them these days but I guess it does mean half my potential tenants may hate them. I guess I'll reconsider my choice.

They don't have them, because they are, to be blunt.... revolting. :)
If it was your PPOR, I'd say go for it, if that's what you like. But as a rental property, definately go for something more netural as suggested, to appeal to more people, not just those with the same "unique" taste as yourself. ;)

Back