Chinese buying Sydney Property & Pushing Aussies Out of Market

If ever there was a thread warranting a facepalm meme...this would be it.

triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png

What difference

What does it differ if the Chinese buy our resources in Australia by investing in property - or buy our Iron Ore and ship it out of Newcastle.

Either way they are supporting the Australian Economy and our expensive lifestyles ....

And in NZ there's calls to ban Australians buying NZ property

It would be interesting to look at restrictions in other countries

and better watch out for those weird, forgein TASMANIANS buying property as well, I heard they speak english now!!!!!

and dont forget the New Zealanders!!!

and dont forget the New Zealanders!!!

mmm that's a thought . are Kiwi's allowed to buy in Oz or do they come under the FIRB .

I don't think there's a restriction on us buying over the there . Maybe we should all buy over there before they stop us taking over their country .

The only think that's stopping us in the all blacks ..... now there's a racist term ...

Oh hang on , some one already thought of it .... - I think my favourite Gruen transfer video except for this one .....

Cliff

Woah how did I miss thia thread originally??

Gotta watch out for those foreign lookin locals ayyye

Especially those from the US and the UK ;)

After all, they have the largest amount of foreign direct investment (FDI) in Australia. Japan is the next largest investor. In the 1980s investment from Japan caused concern, but recent increases have been largely ignored.

ABS

The leading investor countries at 31 December 2012 were:

United States of America ($617.6 billion or 28%)
United Kingdom ($496.4 billion or 23%)
Japan ($126.4 billion or 6%)
Singapore ($55.9 billion or 3%)
Switzerland ($49.2 billion or 2%)
Hong Kong (SAR of China) ($42.1 billion or 2%).

0.862!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

Back