Choosing Estate in Emerald QLD

Hello,

I am looking to invest in Emerald Qld. I am considering 2 estates one is called City Central a boutique estate in southern Emerald containing only 55 house blocks. The builder would be Rivergum Homes approx 630 sqm with a turnkey 4x2x2. Total house size approx 187sqm

The other estate is named Miranda Heights this is located in northern Emerald not far from the airport. This is a much larger estate than City Central the blocks are larger up ranging from 600 to 782 sqm in the stages due to commence Feb 2013. Again turnkey 4x2x2 Villaworld home approx 230sqm total size.

I am not sure which estate would be a better option or if they will both equally as good investments.

I would love to hear from anyone who has either brought house and land in either estate or anyone who is a local and would like to share their thoughts.

I look forward to hearing from anyone soon.

Hi Bridgie

City Central is on the Northside of Emerald towards the end of Opal Street.

Mirandah Heights is on the Southern Side.

Hope that helps !!

I am also of the understanding that all new developments, be in the land or the building itself are now required to be built up above flood level so your choice of new sites should not be affected by floods. (Obviously best check that for yourself)

Cheers

Hi Bridgie

We do a lot of building in Emerald, there are many estates that are worth looking at. All with varying sized blocks and soil types.

It is also a good thing to look at the current rental market up there as floor size will have a lot to do with what investment return you can expect on your home.

Flood prone areas are another thing that needs to be identified before you select your land as insurers are quite tough in the Emerald area as they are with many areas that experienced floods a couple of times in a month last year.

If I can be of any help please feel free to give me a call. Jeanette 0428 035 260 DMC Construction Group

Back