choosing tenants

Hi all, i have finally listed my property and got 2 applicaions.

1. lady, aged 30, single, with a staffy, only has casual job, no rental history, receiving payments from centrelink
2. new migrant to melb, male, has only been here for 1 week, claimed to be a teacher, no job yet.

Hope you guys can give me some opinions on this
choose either of them? or should I wait for another opening?

I am not in a hurry, my property is in Pt cook.

Thanks!

I would be asking for desexing evidence for the dog if I chose the lady. I am still wearing the wounds of having seven staffy puppies on my premise because i did not have the foresight to ask if the two dogs were desexed :eek: Especially when you own both the male and *****.

It was a big eye opening to me in how much you could get for a staffy. It not a bad side job actually.. But boy can seven puppies pee and poo... ahhhhh!!

thanks! I am in no rush, but the PM just called again and pushed me to choose one of them saying the longer i put my property on market, the lesser chance i will get a tenant (It is only on the net for 10 days now)

he gave me more info just now... saying the migrant is actually with his wife, an IT professional (but also no job now), has 30k in bank

so any more thoughts?

thanks! I am in no rush, but the PM just called again and pushed me to choose one of them saying the longer i put my property on market, the lesser chance i will get a tenant (It is only on the net for 10 days now)

Yes, here's one: Tell that lazy half-a$$ed PM you hired to do his/her job properly and get you a tenant that has rental references AND a job history!!

10 days - gee you'd better make a quick decision on 2 bad options.... NOT!

Geeze this makes me mad.:mad:

Yes, here's one: Tell that lazy half-a$$ed PM you hired to do his/her job properly and get you a tenant that has rental references AND a job history!!

10 days - gee you'd better make a quick decision on 2 bad options.... NOT!

Geeze this makes me mad.:mad:

Couldn't agree more. Tell the PM to get you some decent tenants, THEN you will make a decision.

the PM just called again and pushed me to choose one of them

Get rid of that PM....seriously,:mad: She is just lazy & after your management fees ASAP. Not a good approach to finding suitable tenants that are going to be in YOUR property for an extended period of time!

so does your PM only give you the "good" candidates?

I asked my PM for his opinion on the options that he gave me, he said, 'I don't know.'!!!!!

am i expecting too much from a PM?!?!?

so does your PM only give you the "good" candidates?
Yes. If I wanted to hear about all the dregs of applicants I'd do it myself. That's why I hired her (mine) for - to save me time & $.

I asked my PM for his opinion on the options that he gave me, he said, 'I don't know.'!!!!!
Alarm bells are ringing. Terminate the agreement now. It only gets worse from here on.

This is your property worth many $100K's and you are going to entrust it to an incompetent PM who does not know how to sift the wheat from the chaff. This goose will be representiung you at the Tribunal and taking calls from tenants to fix stuff......won't that be just marvellous. :rolleyes: Where's Dazz?

Yes. If I wanted to hear about all the dregs of applicants I'd do it myself. That's why I hired her (mine) for - to save me time & $.

Alarm bells are ringing. Terminate the agreement now. It only gets worse from here on.

This is your property worth many $100K's and you are going to entrust it to an incompetent PM who does not know how to sift the wheat from the chaff. This goose will be representiung you at the Tribunal and taking calls from tenants to fix stuff......won't that be just marvellous. :rolleyes: Where's Dazz?

^
^
^
^
What he said.

The yellow flags have now turned red......mayday, mayday, mayday :cool:

the PM was very good before signing the agreement

after that, he changes, doesn't really care or response my queries

would it cost me anythings to end an agreement with him? FYI, he waived all the ad fees.

the PM was very good before signing the agreement

after that, he changes, doesn't really care or response my queries

would it cost me anythings to end an agreement with him? FYI, he waived all the ad fees.

That does not surprise me, did you bother to research the company or speak to existing lanlords, rock up to a random OFI of the company to see how they show it around.

They are like most other sales reps, you just bought the sizze.

I would scrap them now, in relation to the agreement it should say how long for in this, however the cost could be a lot more, if they are this lazy with you the owner please understand how they are going to treat the tennants.

Jezza

I would sack the property manager now.

The PM tells me about all the applicants to keep me in the loop, but focuses more on the ones that are good. The only time he tells me about the dodgy ones in detail is when there is no one else interested.

Also he's happy to give me his opinion and the vibe he gets from them. To get an "i dont know" response from your property manager says one thing, they are lazy and will screw you over because this job to them is just that a job. They dont give a crap about your investment.

My last PM sounded just like your one, and when the tenant had issues they wanted fixed I did not hear from about it until a month later the minor issue got escalated into a complaint.

Also the viewing time plays a big part in my opinion. While most agents in Sydney give a usual of 15 mins (some go for 30 mins), having an inspection at 3pm is not going to do you any favours.

I requested my previous PM to show the house between 12pm and 1pm, but he insisted that on Saturday the best time was 3pm because thats when all the parents finished taking their kids to sport and had their lunch.

Realistically it was because my house was the furtherest away from their office and the majority of their rental properties, so to them it must have fallen in the "too far away" basket.

i will check my agreement tonight then

i told him this morning to open the property again this Sat and he refused... he said he only can do it on Fri :mad:

i told him this morning to open the property again this Sat and he refused... he said he only can do it on Fri :mad:

That would be the final straw. Sack them. Sack them NOW!

Also is the property manager the owner of the real estate agency?

I would dob them in, this way you might get away with paying any costs :p

HAHAHA

You let him finish the conversation didn't you. I would say I will drop past now and pick up my keys. Sorry for the inconvenience of my business, I am sure it gets in the way of your PM's social life. In order it goes Social life/ drinking sessions/facebook/drum up new business/............. and finally your property.

Jezza

If the migrant comes from an affluent country and can offer to pay an upfront rent, say 4-6 months, I will choose this tenant.

Back