Climate change?

I think any business that relies on government subsidies just to stay profitable/break even is one not worth pursuing. It may make us feel warm and fuzzy inside to have 'renewable energy' but at this stage there's no real need to do so without severely damaging our own economy.

Hi Sunfish

Out of the thousands of renewable energy companies that paltry list doesn't exactly mean much.

Aaron C - by rigourous application of that logic we would all still be flying around in biplanes and using candles instead of electrickery...

By the way, if I could be bothered googling up the list of new Chinese entrants to the market in that timeframe it would at least double that one. There's a lesson for this and other industries there!

But I can't...

By the way, if I could be bothered googling up the list of new Chinese entrants to the market in that timeframe it would at least double that one. There's a lesson for this and other industries there!

But I can't...

Because there would be no point. The whinge is what matters, you see . . . .

Swann wants to strangle mining, so if you pull the plug on auto manufacture, what have we got left? They are doing away with the diesel rebate so that hits the farmers as well as the miners.

The GM design team is highly regarded, or so I am led to believe.

Don't insult me by insinuating that I don't know of it, but I also know the "acid rain" that was damaging The Black Forrest was NOT carbonic, it was sulphuric.

Why do you always trot out the indignant and "I'm offended" line?...

"Don't insult me", or; "I've been around long enough to ..............so don't tell me..............." stuff when ever someone tries to explain something that you know something about?

Maybe they don't know that you know about some stuff, so they are honestly trying to help.

Give it a rest will ya?

Last edited:

But I can't...

Well it turns out I've been directed in this direction anyway.

For anyone genuinely interested in the current state of play in global solar PV, this report is one of the better ones I've read.

Could H.A.A.R.P be the reason why the weather is changing.
How is the weather changing?

Yesterday we had the wettest May day for 17 years (according to the news this morning on the teev)

So, in 17 years nothing's changed :D

And, I vividly remember my school holidays in May (they don't have them now because there are 4 terms instead of 3) as a kid where it was normal to have 2 weeks of cr@p weather and rainy days.

Today the sun is out and a few showers. same old, same old.

If someone chirps in with "the average world temp has gone up by .3 of a degree in the last 10 years" or something similar I swear I'll self-combust (will please a number of folk here I'm sure :D).

Falls creek had almost "ski-able" snow yesterday, and every year the level of snow on the ground on the Queen's Birthday Opening w'end in June varies from none to a lot. It's all over the place, so how can you possibly use the term "the weather is changing"?

It's total BS.

How often do you hear a stat about a particular day mentioned on the nightly weather - and it goes often times like this - "Today was the hottest day since 1878"...

This happens more often than you think, which tells me that the temps were as hot (or maybe even hotter) more than 100 years ago.

One thing I have concluded for myself, the Carbon Tax isn't going to change the climate
That's for sure.

Hi Bayview,

It must be very frustrating and difficult for the people trying to convince the population that the ice age.....sorry global warming....sorry climate change is real.

On the one hand their very best supercomputers struggle to predict what's gonna happen even in just a local region 2 weeks out.

At the other end of the spectrum, Joe Blow citizen who cannot read nor write and has never been to even primary school, can simply stick their head out the window and guage for themselves (on both a daily basis and over their lifetime).

No wonder they are struggling, in fact, losing the battle, to convince people about whatever it is they are trying to convince them about.

Hi Bayview,

It must be very frustrating and difficult for the people trying to convince the population that the ice age.....sorry global warming....sorry climate change is real.

On the one hand their very best supercomputers struggle to predict what's gonna happen even in just a local region 2 weeks out.

At the other end of the spectrum, Joe Blow citizen who cannot read nor write and has never been to even primary school, can simply stick their head out the window and guage for themselves (on both a daily basis and over their lifetime).

No wonder they are struggling, in fact, losing the battle, to convince people about whatever it is they are trying to convince them about.

I think if their was no money to be made in the whole "program" it would have been given up years ago, or never got off the ground in the first place.

By the way; how's the supermarket traveling now? I hope some of those teething probs have been sorted.

Bring back global warming, I say... its far too cold at the moment!! :D

It definitely feels like an ice age... but maybe its just the new PPOR. Its nowhere near as warm as our old house. Maybe I need some more insulation and solar panels!

It's even miserable up here in Paradise, Penny. Cold [for us anyway] gusty and a bit wet. I'm about to switch on the reverse cycle air-con for the first time. :)

It's been proven from Climate-gate that this whole climate change nonsense is just that - total crap. It doesn't help that 'Professor' Ferguson goes on TV spruiking the same hyperbole over and over again like a fanatic. Good thing that the public has woken up to this and will give Tony Abbott the mandate to repeal this noose around Australia's neck.

Aaron, Keep your eye on Germany. That is where we are finding the highest profile defectors from the alarmist ranks.

Germany will be the first to break ranks and Angela will pass ignominiously into history. Spain has already abandoned the cause because "free" energy bankrupted them, but they don't really matter, not like G.

It's been proven from Climate-gate that this whole climate change nonsense is just that - total crap. It doesn't help that 'Professor' Ferguson goes on TV spruiking the same hyperbole over and over again like a fanatic. Good thing that the public has woken up to this and will give Tony Abbott the mandate to repeal this noose around Australia's neck.

Care to provide any supporting evidence for your opening statement?

Before answering, feel free to define:

"proven"
"climate change"
"crap"

The sceptics don't need to prove anything. It is the alarmists who wish to turn our world upside down [20% reduction in CO2 emissions can't be achieved by tinkering] who need to prove their case.

The GW "scam" has been with us 30 years now and deadlines set then are now passing, so why are we still stuck arguing whether 2010 was the hottest year ever when it was said to be 0.01 deg above "whatever"? Clearly CO2 concentrations are rising so why isn't temperature rising faster if, as we are told, it is a forcing system? There is credible evidence that there has been cooling now for over 10 years. It's easy to find if you look beyond the MSM.

Joanne Nova and Anthony Watts collect these items so they are available on their blogs.

Back