Clive Palmer vs Wayne Swan

Announcement due later.

Bye bye Swan.

It'll certainly be interesting. All that intensive public scrutiny of Clive's tax affairs in particular. Plenty more from him to come on the CIA's role in Australian politics too, no doubt. This'll knock reality TV for a sixer for sure.

Remember the push for John Elliot to run for PM around 86-87? This is a 21st century reincarnation of this....The end result will be the same.....

It's astonishly dumb political timing though.

Today of all days is when the conservatives should be keeping out of the news and letting Gillard take all of the attention. That's what'll do her the most damage.

I reckon there'd be a few key Coalition media spinners chucking major dummy spits right about now.

Today of all days is when the conservatives should be keeping out of the news and letting Gillard take all of the attention. That's what'll do her the most damage.

I reckon there'd be a few key Coalition media spinners chucking major dummy spits right about now.

Maybe, but given demonstrated performance, Gillard et al will give them another opportunity. Just wait a few....hours.....

I'm more transfixed by his plan to start building ships - including a replica of the Titanic.

A couple of weeks ago we also had Clive's bizarre spat over the soccer and frank Lowy.

Maybe it's all a plan to make his floating of the idea for him to get preselection in Swan's seat seem less loopy.

The man is starting to appear a bit...ummm... eccentric.

Methinks he is so used to getting his own way that he is just pushing to see how far he can go.

....isn't that the idea?

take the heat off labor, with their ineptitude, and scandals, and taxes, and social welfare state....?

nothing to see here folks. keep shopping. who's playing footy tonight? why do you want to talk about THAT?

Back