Coal & Mongolia

How will this impact Australia?
Right on China's doorstep

Interested in your thoughts.

MONGOLIA: THE SAUDI ARABIA OF COAL

Mongolia's vast reserves of high-quality coal, combined with its close proximity to China, the world's largest consumer of coal, and high demand Asian markets - make Mongolia a growing strategic player in the global coal market.

http://www.southgobi.com/s/OvootTolgoi.asp

Those reserves look tiny to me. I think it's a beat up.

They are talking a few hundred million tonnes? There would be that much coal under my farm and a few of the neighbours farms put together.

Australia is digging up over 400 million tonnes per year and exporting around about 300 million tonnes per year, and we have 100's of years supply. China is digging up 3 billion tonnes per year and it's not enough and they have to import more. :eek:

And I don't know what Mongolias long term coal reserves are, but I can't find anything that says they are massive.

See ya's.

very exciting, i personally own 3 companies which are envolved in mongolian coal, hoping that another couple of my shells can go down this way. need to know what your doing, two of the companies i am in are broker backed with an office in mongolia. Just look at the stocks like, HUN, CEO, TVN

I really have no idea, don't understand the in's and out's of it all.

Mongolia isn't an easy country to do business in, though still more honest than Oz under labor.

Massive amounts of money is nice incentive to be more obliging.

From my limited understanding it seems to be a real concern for Australia being so close to China.

From my limited understanding it seems to be a real concern for Australia being so close to China.
Even though the quantity stated is tiny in comparison to Australian reserves?
Its like Woolworths and Coles being worried about losing business to the 7/11 down the road.

I would be more concerned about Indonesia

Major Coal Exporting Countries (Million tonnes)
Top%20coal%20exporters%202010.jpg

Which part is it close to? It's a big country and the industry is on the coast where it will still be easier to get supplied by ship. You don't have to build a sea lane as you do a railway. :D

They are talking a few hundred million tonnes? There would be that much coal under my farm and a few of the neighbours farms put together.

Australia is digging up over 400 million tonnes per year and exporting around about 300 million tonnes per year, and we have 100's of years supply. China is digging up 3 billion tonnes per year and it's not enough and they have to import more. :eek:

And I don't know what Mongolias long term coal reserves are, but I can't find anything that says they are massive.

See ya's.

Agreed!

Comparatively, this is a tiny amount.... Unless they can add at least 2-3 zeros to that reserve figure, it is much ado about nothing.

How will this impact Australia?
Right on China's doorstep

Interested in your thoughts.

MONGOLIA: THE SAUDI ARABIA OF COAL

Mongolia's vast reserves of high-quality coal, combined with its close proximity to China, the world's largest consumer of coal, and high demand Asian markets - make Mongolia a growing strategic player in the global coal market.

http://www.southgobi.com/s/OvootTolgoi.asp

Infrastructure is currently an issue there.

Another contender is Africa.

The Mongols were savage little buggers who rampaged through Europe with little or no armor on agile little horses. They ran rings around the Knights on draft horses.

Their country is high, windswept and cold. (But bordering China) And they are still horsemen.

The Mongols were savage little buggers who rampaged through Europe with little or no armor on agile little horses. They ran rings around the Knights on draft horses.

Their country is high, windswept and cold. (But bordering China) And they are still horsemen.

LOL, I like your use of the word "buggers"...instead of perhaps another favourite word less appropriate starting with "b".

Regards JO

Back