commonwealth bank drop variable rate

I imagine they weren't getting much business for this product under the previous rate. Reaslistically it was priced in a way that would create enquiries, but they've got other products which were far better.

The only way the 'no fees' product would make sense vs their other products, is if you're the sort of person who's always late in making payments (which isn't the sort of customer any bank wants).

Have the banks started lowering their fixed rates yet? The 3 year futures have rallied nearly 50bps over the last few weeks. But I see media and BIS Shrapnel today still spinning higher rates in August.

Have the banks started lowering their fixed rates yet? The 3 year futures have rallied nearly 50bps over the last few weeks. But I see media and BIS Shrapnel today still spinning higher rates in August.

They have lowered their rate already....started around 2-3 month ago...but i expect them to release a further reduction soon.

Regards
Michael

One of the lenders adjusted their fixed rates again yesterday - about a 0.2% drop. This is hopefully due to decrease in funding pressures but could be a market share thing as well. Remember when fixing to fix because you want to not because you want to beat the banks. If they were offering 1% they still would be making money.

Back