Congratulations Lizzie - inspiring story

Same

I was thinking the same thing!

Well done to Lizzie, but why is Michael so quick to congratulate her? is it kudos to him or just self promotion?
We all appreciate his contribution to the forum, but some times I think it goes a little too far?? That is just my two cents

Is this really information, or just advertising?

M

Guys you got it all wrong:(

When I say Metropole has Melbourne and Brisbane's best property managers -that's a plug.

When I say that Metropole has Australia's most successful team of property investment strategists - that's advertising.

When I mention that Metropole is involved in 104 individual development projects for clients at present - that's self promotion.

On the other hand...

When Lizzie's story gets read by thousands and thousands of investors because she it has been chosen to be published in a publication with a subscriber base considerably bigger than API magazine, and her storey sits along side those of some of Australia's leading experts in property, then take it for what it is....

A chance to say well done ;)

When I say Metropole has Melbourne and Brisbane's best property managers -that's a plug.

When I say that Metropole has Australia's most successful team of property investment strategists - that's advertising.

When I mention that Metropole is involved in 104 individual development projects for clients at present - that's self promotion.

give it a rest :rolleyes:

I dont know about you nomadic but when theres a multi -millionaire property investor giving advice I dont look a gift horse in the face.... I guess it comes down to mindset to attract the same.

Some food for thought maybe.

Kudos

Kudos to nomadic!

My comment was a little suggestion for Michael to ease up on the self promoting, we get enough adverts on TV, radio, magazines, I don't need to see this here! But then he has to pat himself on the back again Gez!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

We all know your a hero, you don't have to tell us about it!!!!!!!!:eek:

my 10 bucks worth!

Reactions: Les
I dont know about you nomadic but when theres a multi -millionaire property investor giving advice I dont look a gift horse in the face.... I guess it comes down to mindset to attract the same.

Some food for thought maybe.

where's the advice?

Kudos to nomadic!

My comment was a little suggestion for Michael to ease up on the self promoting, we get enough adverts on TV, radio, magazines, I don't need to see this here! But then he has to pat himself on the back again Gez!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

We all know your a hero, you don't have to tell us about it!!!!!!!!:eek:

my 10 bucks worth!

People,

Remember, we are after all set & done in a section of the forum called Information Resources. It will be very difficult not to come across as self promoting while at the same time providing some info in this section.

To declare a conflict of interest on my comments - for what it is worth I have been to a couple of MY's seminars and listened to his free web-casts. I get his free Property Update e-mail newsletter.....along with many others that are not MY. I have not to date done any business with him re development but I might one day.

I'm with Rixter on this too - just be careful you are complaining for the right reasons.

Regards,
Aimy

Last edited:
well done lizzie...most of us here know your story but hopefully it will help/inspire others too.

but i really don't like how this thread is turning out.

and where's lizzie? :)

here - but not getting into the "self promotion" debate. i have only the upmost respect for michael and, after reading my thread on ss, he approached me to ask if he could share the info for his newsletter readers - i'm more than happy to share my "mistakes" with as many as possible to help them avoid such in the future.

kudos to michael for his interesting newsletter - even if he is shamelessly selfpromoting!!:D

Reactions: Les
It's difficult to know what the "fine line" is in the forum.

The guideline given by the forum owners is that- if something is blatant advertising (or spam), but has a useful educational content, then it's OK.

On that criteria, Michael's post is OK.

The interview was based on a Somersoft post- but probably added something. And, if that IS a picture of Lizzie, it did add a small human touch to the story already given.

However, the people who promote a business most successfully in this forum are people who show the value of what they do by contributing. It's the people who give their knowledge freely and prolifically, without specifically mentioning their services, who have probably had the best boost to their businesses. A few accountants and mortgage brokers spring to mind.

I have been to Michael's seminars, and I have been extremely interested in his products. I would have proceeded with using Metropole's services myself if Subway had not intervened.

I had attended one of Michael's seminars. As a result, I had, put a good faith deposit towards a property finding service. I had to withdraw from that property purchase, as my own business purchase made it impossible for me to proceed. I had regarded the $1000 good faith deposit as dead money. But Michael contacted me, and offered me a place in another seminar, using my good faith deposit as the entire payment for my seminar attendance. (Naturally enough, I was not entitled to the CDs of the event). The offer was unexpected, and welcome. I did receive a lot of value as a result of having attended.

Having said that, I do agree that posts promoting his business are more weighted towards his company promotion than towards the spirit of the forum- which is providing solid help to other forumites, without explicit promotion.

(Yes, I promote a product in my sig. But I don't think that many people in an Australia wide forum have bought a product from me as a result. However, I hope that my website has provided some smiles and laughs to forumites).

I would be suggesting that if Michael wishes to represent his product well, he (or a trusted junior) provide much more in the way of solid content. It will probably return much more business than company promotions.

And, if that IS a picture of Lizzie, it did add a small human touch to the story already given.

I don't know what Lizzie looks like but i doubt that is a picture of her (apologies if it is!).

62c24acab106812f137fb309efa050bd.jpg

Having said that, I do agree that posts promoting his business are more weighted towards his company promotion than towards the spirit of the forum- which is providing solid help to other forumites, without explicit promotion.

Agreed. It's pretty obvious this post is advertising and the majority of his others are either promoting his property management or developing business.

I would be suggesting that if Michael wishes to represent his product well, he (or a trusted junior) provide much more in the way of solid content. It will probably return much more business than company promotions.

That's a great idea. Perhaps he could start by contributing to threads relating to property development... like the current thread titled "becoming a property developer?"
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33414

You look hot in that photo lizzie (insert drooling smiley face with tongue hanging out here)

Nomadic,

I have to agree that most of michaels posts are self promotional and I was going to back you up in your argument but then I looked through allot of his recent posts. If you do the same you will see that he does offer allot of good advice apart from the many links to his website.

So Kudos to you michael.

Back