Considering PPOR in Perth need advice

Hi all,

Just moved to Perth from Darwin since August last year and currently renting in tuart hill but soon moving back to yokine and renting off a friends auntie.

As my job security has just been secured and wife is also working i'm looking at potential suburbs to settle down.

What are peoples views on these suburbs, I'm particular interested in East Vic and Carisle as its close to train stations and shopping centres. not too far from the city.

My view is if I live somewhere there and catch a train it would only take 10mins compared to the 30mins a bus gets stuck in traffic from yokine

I spoke to a agent and they said Vic park is busy noisy, spoke to a co worker and they said crime was high due to a university being in the vicinity and students.

Victoria Park
East Victorial
Carisle
Mayland
Bayswater

hello 'comrade',

i also moved from Darwin to Perth about 4 years ago.

out of those suburbs you mentioned, i chose Vic Park- cafe strip, restaurants and close to city. wife and i do a fair bit of take aways from there :p

all the best.

I went and checked out a few open house today and there was one that really stood out on 234B Rutland Avenue, Carlise 3x2x2. 491k listed but I reckon it will go pretty soon close to train station. Shame i'm not in a position to buy as yet. need to discuss with finance advisor or maybe toss up some idea on this forum

@Kero when if ever you do catch a bus from Oates station or Vic station how long does it take to get into the city ?

Thanks two stations and how long 10mins ? agent says 10mins but we know to take there word with a grain of salt :)

Crime because of the university students? Haha.

I like Vic Park, BUT I like other suburbs more -- the ones closer to the beach.

Got a budget in mind?

Yeah students must be doing it tough. Well that what a co worker told me, budget is about 550k. I'm not a beach person and we both work on the city. Therefore Im looking for suburbs that are on train line reasonable price which is carisle and east Vic.

Mayland and bayswater are also in the list but is way out from the prices. From what I have observed for what I can get it carisle or Vic 3x2 will only get me a 2x of lower quality

Highgate? It's 6003 post code though, so some lenders require lower LVRs. Closer to Mt Lawley side is more family friendly. Might be just out of budget range though.

I actually think that Vic Pk now is on par or perhaps even better when it comes to dining options as compared to the Mt Lawley/Northbridge run.

I haven't had the opportunity to visit the cafe stip of vic park but I have been past Mt lawley, I live in tuart hill so i just hang around that area unless.

I quite like East Vic park area the Villa's look decent. I looked at a villa in yokine 3x2x2 brand new on moulden street. It was super nice and so was the price of 685k

Hello,

I have just moved from melbourne and recently bought a place in Carlisle - actually the offer was just accepted yesterday. We have been living in Rivervale for the past 6 months. We know the Rivervale, belmont, cloverdale, kewdale, carlisle, vic park area quite well.

It really depends on your budget and what you look for. all the suburbs mentioned area pretty good. Vic Park and Carlisle are probably the nicer looking suburbs. Rivervale is improving - though there is some social housing, but no issues. Cloverdale, Kewdale are coming up - although there seem to be still quite a lot of un maintained homes.

Transport there is good. trains, busses, cycle, jog to the city. All feasible.

the only thing I can say about rivervale which bothers me a bit and it will be the same for belmont and more so for cloverdale or redcliffe is the air planes can be pretty noisy sometimes. they are under the flight path you see. So if you enjoy sleeping with your windows open for air, be prepared for a wake up call every now and then.

Hello,

I have just moved from melbourne and recently bought a place in Carlisle - actually the offer was just accepted yesterday. We have been living in Rivervale for the past 6 months. We know the Rivervale, belmont, cloverdale, kewdale, carlisle, vic park area quite well.

It really depends on your budget and what you look for. all the suburbs mentioned area pretty good. Vic Park and Carlisle are probably the nicer looking suburbs. Rivervale is improving - though there is some social housing, but no issues. Cloverdale, Kewdale are coming up - although there seem to be still quite a lot of un maintained homes.

Transport there is good. trains, busses, cycle, jog to the city. All feasible.

the only thing I can say about rivervale which bothers me a bit and it will be the same for belmont and more so for cloverdale or redcliffe is the air planes can be pretty noisy sometimes. they are under the flight path you see. So if you enjoy sleeping with your windows open for air, be prepared for a wake up call every now and then.

I also did wonder about the airport and how much noise there was, well its good from first hand knowledge knowing Carlisle is not under flight path, what did you end up getting a villa also ?

Catcha,

Carlisle is probably not under the flight path but I would not be suprised to hear the planes every now and then as well. Just not as bad as the closer suburbs. Vic park gets the noise as well as I do have friends living there.

I got a house on a subdivided block of about 450 sqm.

ashfield? maylands?

I got this as part of an email from realestate.com. Go Ashfield!!

Western Australia

It hasn’t popped up as a property hotspot for some time but Perth is expected to be one of the nation's star performers this year. The suburbs of Wellard, Tapping and Bertram have produced annualised growth of almost 30 per cent over the past five years and remain relatively affordable. RP Data ranks Ashfield, 8km from CBD, as one of the city’s most affordable suburbs and expects it to be one of the nation's top property performers in 2011.

Hi All,

I posted up a question about carlisle in a wrx forum and ask members who live there to give me a run down.

Most dislike the train station oats and carlisle at night as there have been numerous assults around these areas, car been vanderlised near Bank st east vic park side.

While during the day I see no issues on train. My wife would sometimes work late till about 7pm on the odd occasion where I can't pick her up or she doesn't drive. This could prove to be an issue.

What are peoples thoughts in crime around the area ?

Back