Coolest car ever - the Moke...

repaired a sierra after a 450[sup]o[/sup] roll, new windscreen, new roll bar, 4L of oil
looks pretty rad as a calf-chaser (small bull chaser) all banged up
girl who did it could not believe I drove it back in after 30 minutes left by myself at the rollover site, with 2 wrenches and the key,
the wrenches were to un bolt the windscreen so I could see,
love the car
lift kit
balloon tires
whole under-body sprayed with foam sealant,
ideal for Territory wet season
when water gets too deep, it floats and the very chunky tires row it along
the water gets too deep, every time it rains
usually once a year for 5-10 days, heaps of fun
Its too light to sink in bogs, use it to pull the big 4wds out of the mud, and their boats, also heaps of fun
only blown 1 diff, 1 driveshaft,
but still made it back 12km on the back dif only
towing a stuffed electronic everything jackaroo and a 14ft boat
( at 1 rat power )
thought it would die, but wanted to get back in radio range before it did
( took longer than it took to walk it when I didn't know the fuel Gauge dont work (thats another story, that also involves a moke, the only other vehicle that floats, and can swim) )

Are there still mokes on Maggie Island? I remember having 22 backpackers in 2 of them from Horseshoe Bay to Arcadia. Mind you it was 25 years ago and I have since learnt my lesson M'lord.

When they bring back the dune buggy I'll be in ...... :D

Attachments

• volkswagen-dune-buggy-view-download-wallpaper-1280x960-comments_8940c.jpg
    volkswagen-dune-buggy-view-download-wallpaper-1280x960-comments_8940c.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 44
My friend has a Moke. I'm sure it's licensed. He took my kids for a spin, they loved it. Another friend bought a Seira for $700 on eBay unlicensed after he had a few too many to drink, lol. He now has 4 cars, a motorbike and a boat. Aaah the single life! Kids were taken for a spin in that too.

this project is doomed to failure... the shock of that $22k price tag is too much to bear. It had everything going for it but the price has buried it.

Next....

When they bring back the dune buggy I'll be in ...... :D

BEAUTIFUL, that was my first car in 1976 in Wales when we had 6 weeks of sunshine through the summer. I was 19 and on top of the world. Great memories. I'd buy one again in a minute just to relive those days.

Back