Cost for Fitting Kitchen Appliances

hey all

I searched the forums but can't find the relevant thread for this question (may have not put the right keyword, as im sure there is info out there).

How much should i be paying to get a new dishwasher and electric oven fitted? My townhouse renovation is almost complete and now i am putting in new appliances. An electric oven is already fitted, but no dishwasher.

Also, i am in Canberra, so if anyone knows anyone who has good prices for this in the ACT, please let me know!!

Hi Carl
Looks like not too many answers for this, so I might as well give my two cents worth:
I recently installed my own appliances in a new kitchen, as always a few varying factors can affect the price.
Are the spaces 100% ready to just slip the new appliances is a carpenter needed to alter the layout?
If your power points aren't in the right place, you will need to pay a sparky to wire up properly.
If the oven is over 2400W you will need an extra circuit wired in by a sparky.

Recently when putting in a new kitchen, the sparky cost $400 to rough wire to suit new kitchen layout and run a new circuit for a large freestanding oven, then come back and fit & sign off the power points.

Add another couple of hundred if you have a gas oven which will need to be installed and signed off by a plumber.

thanks for the reply!

The electric oven is replacing another electric oven, so hopefully a relatively simple sparky job (for certification purposes). Dishwasher has a spot for it in the kitchen but doesnt have the plumbing set up.

Ended up getting quotes from someone recommended by retailers. Going to cost around $50-$60 just to plug oven in and $180 or so for the plumbing. Cash of course...

Remember that you need to have a switch installed to turn off the stove top, only if it's electric of course. The switch has to be within reach of the stove but not behind it. I am guessing this applies to ACT aswell.

Electric oven doesn't need an isolating switch anymore.

Electric cooktops do, but only if they are a relocation/new installation. Not if they are a straight changeover.

Back