cost of building

hi guys,
was wondering if anyone could help me because im looking to build a 4 bed 2 bath house in brisbane. the initial quote i got was 160k. does this sound reasonable? can i get cheaper?

thanks

Just a few questions.
  • Is price your main concern?
  • Have you seen the builders last few jobs?
  • Do they measure up to your expectations?
  • How many quotes did you get?
  • What are your inclusions? How long is the build time?
Cya
Aaron.

Yeh thats reasonable, we are building with Coral homes 25sq , 5 bed 2 DLUG with rendered etc. $162K Coral you will find are the top 5 lowest price homes. Also they are good in quality.

Yeh thats reasonable, we are building with Coral homes 25sq , 5 bed 2 DLUG with rendered etc. $162K Coral you will find are the top 5 lowest price homes. Also they are good in quality.

does that include landscaping,driveway,aircom etc.. full turnkey?
thanks

You'd be lucky to get a 3x2 built for that price in Perth......apparently building approvals are dropping but builders have got plenty of work still on their books to clear.

It's too cheap!

After you deduct the GST that means they are building your home and intending to make a few dollars for $145k. Or is that GST exclusive?

For a 4 bed 2 bath the average size would normally be around 20 plus squares so that would be $7250 per sq! We haven't been able to do that since 2000 and our margin has stayed the same! It is materials and hourly contractor rates that have risen so I cannot see how they could do it. It would be impossible to do by us and the majority of builders around here for a fully finished home. Appliances, carpet etc? Read the contract carefully is my advice!

Last edited:
Back