Costco Ringwood VIC

Those in Victoria may have seen the worst keep secret that Costco has finally annouced a new store in Ringwood VIC.

Finally the central business area along with stage 1 of the Eastland development have started to come to life.

Hopefully will help the shock and decline Ringwood has had with RE prices in the last 12 months :)

"COSTCO is finally moving into Ringwood after years of negotiations.

Managing director Patrick Noone and Premier Ted Baillieu today announced work was expected to start on the $65 million project at the old Ringwood Market site next month.
It is set to open in July or August 2013.

Mr Noone told Maroondah Leader it would create 375 to 400 jobs - half of those full time and the others part time.
He said he first looked at the site in 2006, but Costco only started seriously negotiating for it two years ago.

Costco usually works on larger sites, and Mr Noone said the old Ringwood Market site was "not ideal" in terms of size - but that Ringwood worked for other reasons.
"I think primarily Costco sees Ringwood as being the centre of the eastern side of the city," Mr Noone said.

Mayor Cr Rob Steane welcomed the announcement, which he said would kick-start the redevelopment of central Ringwood.

"The community has been extremely patient and I hope that you can now join us in celebrating this wonderful milestone for Ringwood, for Maroondah and for the eastern region of Melbourne," Cr Steane said.

The store will be big enough to have it's own postcode!

I have seen the plans via work and its huge. 1000sqm bigger then the Docklands store. Costco claim it will be the biggest and most profitble store in the Southern Hem! will wait and see, but I know all the locals are so keen as Docklands is a bit far to travel to atm

I have seen the plans via work and its huge. 1000sqm bigger then the Docklands store. Costco claim it will be the biggest and most profitble store in the Southern Hem! will wait and see, but I know all the locals are so keen as Docklands is a bit far to travel to atm

I live in the CBD and even I find Docklands so hard to get to. It takes me the same time to get there as if I went to Glen Waverley via the Freeway. Pathetic!

I live in the CBD and even I find Docklands so hard to get to. It takes me the same time to get there as if I went to Glen Waverley via the Freeway. Pathetic!

For a company like Costco, whom appears to spend years anaylising sites/locations/spending etc Docklands seemed an odd choice....maybe some State Government funding was used to entice them there....try and re-wrtie the horrid failure of that area :confused:

We are members at Costco, not bad for some items (but better off buying most things at the supermarkets when on special).

I think it's 50/50 whether it's worth joining up.

Lots of big people pushing big trolleys full of big quantities of crap though.

Not sure how good that is for our society.

Hi,

I became a costco member 18mths ago after moving close from the outer east where I was a member of Campbells wholesale. Could never find anything cheap enough to warrant the hassel of fighting through traffic and crowds at docklands. I miss Cmpbells. I let my Costco expire.
N.

Hi,

I became a costco member 18mths ago after moving close from the outer east where I was a member of Campbells wholesale. Could never find anything cheap enough to warrant the hassel of fighting through traffic and crowds at docklands. I miss Cmpbells. I let my Costco expire.
N.

You should have gone in and got your membership fee refunded.

Just cancelled my membership when I found I went there twice in the last 11 months. Last week it took us an hour to get there from Hawthorn E, which is when I decided to cancel. I also found some items were no different in price compared to Safeway (cereal etc). No big savings to be had in our case and the membership fee is simply a big put-off as far as I'm concerned.

Back