Cranbourne Vic

Hi Freinds,

looking for an IP pref 3 b/R under 300K in Cranbourne. Would love to hear your views / experience with the area OR on the surrounding area, sorry am not from Melb.

Thanks looking forward to some good info.

A friend has several IP's in the area - comparatively good cashflow compared to inner suburbs. Fairly "working class" demographics.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi Freinds,

looking for an IP pref 3 b/R under 300K in Cranbourne. Would love to hear your views / experience with the area OR on the surrounding area, sorry am not from Melb.

Thanks looking forward to some good info.

In that area you got Cranbourne North, Central and East. Apparently, Cranbourne North is the best though, there are multiple Estates in Cranbourne and some are better than other (as usual:).The are had experienced a good growth from 2007-2009. I'd say that the grant helped to fuel that segment as it did in the rest of the country. I don't think it will continue in the near future. Also, not all Estates have the same growth. Some of the oldest one haven't grow much either. You really have to pick them carefully.

you might be better off buying an apartment closer to the CBD as your IP. Cranbourne is really a bad area of Melbourne - so far from the CBD and the whole area is like a paddock. I can't imagine that you would actually get capital growth there - you're basically paying only for the house as the land is worth practically nothing

I agree with Rocketman.

If you want to invest in that general area look at Frankston. Same bogans (well i think its improving - those that cant afford frankston are going to Cranbourne), less land as it borders on the bay.

There are plenty of threads on Frankston.

I'd seriously look at Frankston, all the scum that lived in Frankston are getting pushed out to Cranbourne, Narre Warren, Lyndhurt, Pakenham, Carrum Downs & Skye etc.....
Meat & Potato Australia. Nothing to do and zero culture. Tons of land and no infrastructure.

Here's the flip side though - while everyone is raving about Frankston or the inner suburbs, is it vaguely possible that a "disliked" area like Cranbourne could be a potential area to find a bargain?

Cheers,

The Y-man

As you're from Sydney and don't know much about the Cranbourne area can I recommend you look at properties in the Brooklands Green Estate. Very cheap and lots available.

So the apparent median price of Cranbourne was $92,000 back in 1997? I don't know the median price right now but 13 years is a long time - anyone can make money if they bought anywhere 13 years ago. But does that make it a good investment property? I say nay

Brooklands Green Estate, is that where hundreds of residents were ordered to evacuate in September 2008, because of the threat posed by methane emissions from a nearby landfill site....

Brooklands Green Estate, is that where hundreds of residents were ordered to evacuate in September 2008, because of the threat posed by methane emissions from a nearby landfill site....

Oh no, Adelaide people know about this?

Shhhh, hopefully there are still the Queensland and Tasmanian interstate investors to flog it off to.

The interstate propaganda spread by City of Casey is working...

Note that your example, Y-Man, is unfurnished. Whoever was previously there probably fled months ago :eek:

The interstate propaganda spread by City of Casey is working...

Note that your example, Y-Man, is unfurnished. Whoever was previously there probably fled months ago :eek:

I wonder what happens when you turn up for an open with a smoke hanging out of your mouth :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back