Cricket

Anyone else watching the cricket?

While overall I want Australia to win, it would be really nice for Sri Lanka to set a decent total for Australia to chase. In that spirit, have been cheering Sri Lanka on this morning and have been really impressed by Chandimal. He has played so well today.

His presence of mind to protect the last wicket, while scoring regularly, has been very entertaining.

Would be great if he gets to 100!

my personal opinion,

cricket is the most retarded sport on the face of the earth, played by bogans and people who have no idea about sport

just the idea and rules of it are laughable

my personal opinion,

cricket is the most retarded sport on the face of the earth, played by bogans and people who have no idea about sport

Lucky your opinion is just that, your opinion.

There are plenty of sports that have 'laughable' as you call it rules. But what defines the confines of rules?

*AFL, the game where you get a point for missing the goal!
*Rugby, the game where you have to throw the ball backwards in order to run forwards!
*Rodeo, the game where you have to stay on the bull for 8 seconds, even though you have to get off at some stage anyway!
*Cricket, the only game where play stops for lunch!

Sport, collectively, is organised entertainment. As an athlete, at least I can respect that all people who play sport, do so for personal satisfaction and the enhancement of team sports do so for the benfits that it brings. I dont say any sport achieves more than any other, because thats not what sportsmanship is!

Have some respect for what sport is. Its like a sharetrader snuffing in the face of a property investor, when collectively they both are chasing the end goal of wealth.

pinkboy.

my personal opinion,

Lol, a massive proportion of the world play cricket, I guess they have no idea about sport:rolleyes: what exactly makes it retarded?

And bogan??? Most overused word in Australia today.

Don't like something, call it bogan. Don't understand something, call it bogan:rolleyes:

Ok let me start,

Cricketers seem to take it really personally when you bag their sport but rarely do they have a decent comeback

1. What sort of a sport goes for 5 days and you get a bloody draw
2. What sort of a sport can you be.a heavy drinker and smoker and still be good at it
3. Probably the lowest sportsmanship game I have ever seen, bagging, lying, fraud, match fixing, ball tampering, fights at nightclubs, predicting a 5-0 whitewash to only get beaten 4-0 or similar (chris Gaye a few years ago)
4. Throwing a ball that you,ve polished one side, and hoping it bounces funny when you hit a crack in the ground is absurd
5. A sport where everything to do with stats, need I say more eg. The highest test average made by an Australian, on this ground, on the fourth day, with the same first name as his next door neigours dogs best friend the day after it rained hailstones bigger then 5mm
6. What sort of a sport are you allowed to leave the ball because its too hard, or too low,

I could go on for ever,

Im sure I'm going to get some laughable responses,

Oh for the record, I'm not bagging it because I don't like it, I don't like soccer that much but I think it's a good actual sport

my personal opinion,

Lots of people dont like cricket - that's ok. We're all different.

I am curious as to what sport you prefer? and why?

Yes but Shane was a legend and shouldnt be compared.

Mere Hughes, Darren Lehman, the fat Sri Lankan captain

Fr the record, most of the sports That i don't like, I still respect them

I don't like golf, cos it bores me to tears and plus I think they are severely overpaid for what they do, but its such a skilful game, its amazing their skill levels,

Mmmm, seems we've got someone bagging something that they don't understand. How bogan, lol.

Haha, geeez, so I must be dreaming them polishing the ball every time I turn on the tv or the commentators talking about aiming for the cracks, or the weathered part while drawing lines

They must like having the red patch on their pants

Ok let me start,

Cricketers seem to take it really personally when you bag their sport but rarely do they have a decent comeback

1. What sort of a sport goes for 5 days and you get a bloody draw
2. What sort of a sport can you be.a heavy drinker and smoker and still be good at it
3. Probably the lowest sportsmanship game I have ever seen, bagging, lying, fraud, match fixing, ball tampering, fights at nightclubs, predicting a 5-0 whitewash to only get beaten 4-0 or similar (chris Gaye a few years ago)
4. Throwing a ball that you,ve polished one side, and hoping it bounces funny when you hit a crack in the ground is absurd
5. A sport where everything to do with stats, need I say more eg. The highest test average made by an Australian, on this ground, on the fourth day, with the same first name as his next door neigours dogs best friend the day after it rained hailstones bigger then 5mm
6. What sort of a sport are you allowed to leave the ball because its too hard, or too low,

I could go on for ever,

Im sure I'm going to get some laughable responses,

Oh for the record, I'm not bagging it because I don't like it, I don't like soccer that much but I think it's a good actual sport

Im not a cricketer by any means but:

1. Reasonably valid point, however it is made long enough to get a result. The other forms of the game like Twenty20 and 1 Day Internationals get results more reliably.

2. Plenty of sports dont require cardio or strength performance or fitness. Shooting, darts, bull riding, shotput....countless others.

3. Havent ever been to football or netball match? All professional sport has these rogues and problems. There are cheats everywhere in all walks of life, sport being no different.

4. A lot of sports require you to deceive the opposition within the rules.

5. Baseball, Basketball, NFL. Stats are a measurement and can create patterns. Not sure why you would single this out to just cricket.

6. Baseball, Vigro. Sometimes you have to be defensive in sport, again, fairly weak arguement against cricket.

pinkboy....please do go on............

Im not a cricketer by any means but:

1. Reasonably valid point, however it is made long enough to get a result. The other forms of the game like Twenty20 and 1 Day Internationals get results more reliably.

2. Plenty of sports dont require cardio or strength performance or fitness. Shooting, darts, bull riding, shotput....countless others.

3. Havent ever been to football or netball match? All professional sport has these rogues and problems. There are cheats everywhere in all walks of life, sport being no different.

4. A lot of sports require you to deceive the opposition within the rules.

5. Baseball, Basketball, NFL. Stats are a measurement and can create patterns. Not sure why you would single this out to just cricket.

6. Baseball, Vigro. Sometimes you have to be defensive in sport, again, fairly weak arguement ..

1. I,m not a big fan of 20/20 either, its far more bearable to watch but the whole idea of it is silly, that's almost like telling Novak djokovic to serve 100 serves to roger federer and telling him to smash every shot and recording how many winners he hits

2.i personally think these sort of sports should be hobbies and not sports, I'm sure hopscotch is technically a sport as well

3. What does me having been to a match have anything to so with it, I've yet to see any sport where prematcn bagging goes on, the only one I can think of is boxing

4. Deceive the players? How is that related to skill, so maybe they should play nba games with a football so that the bounces go everywhere! A great way to,test skill, stamina and sportsmanship, why not blind fold them in the process

5. Yes agree, a lot of stats in baseball, basket ball they use stats. But the aim of baseball is to score higher as a team, not attribute every milestone possible like in cricket

6. Which sports when in defence are you allowed to leave a in shot becaus it doesn't suit you? You can't leave shots in Basketball, soccer, tennis, boxing, or any other sports I can think of at the top of my head

Back