Cute quotes from kids

When DD was about 6 or 7yo she asked me innocently if I knew the difference between boys and girls.
Expecting to have to give a little "talk" to her I answered Yes I do, but do you know the differnce?

She answered: Oh yes Mum I do, it's all in the eyelashes.

No need for that talk just then.

Ours has noticed the difference.

To her dad, in the bath, "your bottom is like Feo's!"

Theo scoots around the house on his tummy. She calls him going "here puppy, come ON" in a bossy voice and he just scoots after her, ear to ear grin.

Not sure I want to know what that kid is going to grow up like with two very attentive big sisters. He's already worked out that if he wants to be picked up he just has to scoot up to someone and start whimpering, and he's only 7 months old.

She had no idea what it meant and just thought it a 'funny' song.

No, no, I knew exactly what it meant :p :D

Not something that I said, but I do remember when I was little (4?) I got in trouble for saying ***** and I had my mouth washed out with soap - My Dad said it not long after and I made him wash his mouth out with soap :D

I have no doubt that you knew what it meant, however it was your sister that used to sing it, not you. :p

Really? I thought that was me?

Ah well, I know I did sing a song about toast - which was nothing to do with toast! Shame I can't remember the name of the song..

Really? I thought that was me?

Ah well, I know I did sing a song about toast - which was nothing to do with toast! Shame I can't remember the name of the song..

You'd sing along with her, but it was her that sang it all the time and told me repeatedly that it was her favourite.

Had to revisit this thread because I just realised this morning that my 2-year-old thinks pants are called "pantson" because that's what I always say when I'm dressing her.

Had to revisit this thread because I just realised this morning that my 2-year-old thinks pants are called "pantson" because that's what I always say when I'm dressing her.

My husband would always watch the weather on TV because he works outside.

Because they often called it wrong he'd call them liars.

One time he was outside when the weather came and son #1 ran out screaming, "Dad, dad, liar's on TV".

My husband would always watch the weather on TV because he works outside.

Because they often called it wrong he'd call them liars.

One time he was outside when the weather came and son #1 ran out screaming, "Dad, dad, liar's on TV".

Haha. I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm a teacher. One day one of the children (5yrs old) walked up to me and said "my dad's got a big willy". I said I don't think I need to know that. He said "but he has". I told his mum who obviously told dad. He avoided me for months.:D:D

Some parents would not believe the things kids tell their teachers.
At one school a single dad was having "relations" with one of the single mums. Both had kids in kindergarten. The kids would tell news. My mum was kissing ###'s dad in the kitchen etc.

Daughter when aged about 5 came running in with her friend Tracey and said, "Mum, baby's don't come out of your belly button do they". "No", says I wondering where this was going, then she turned to her friend Tracy and said "See, I told you they came out of your bum!"

A couple of years ago we rented a two story house for holidays and both sons in law and 2 grandsons were playing 'commandos' with toy guns and creeping about then ambushing each other. At one point 4.5 year old whispered to his father "Dad, can you put me on pause, 'cos I have to go to the toilet". Methinks he plays too much X-Box!

Same grandson had to do a story last year for school with the theme of 'what's in my bedroom'. He mentioned his bow and arrows, his various nerf guns, his knife and other various commando gear (all plastic), pistols, rifles and so on. Teachers comment was "Oh dear" with a sad smiley face.

Just thought of some of my sons ones. He hates it when we bring them up (he's 23 now).

He got a Buzz lightyear colouring book and was colouring in a picture of Woody. He yelled out "look at my Woody uncle Pete". We all broke up. He couldn't work out why.:D

We were in the car listening to the radio. He said "I hate that anus woman". He meant Alanis. It was Alanis Morriset.:D

lol lots of funny stories in this thread :D Olly's one reminds me of when mid matchbox car racing my boy asked me: "Daddyyyyy... pause ok, because I have to go to the toilet, so you pause, ok?"

Another recent one was when my boy saw an old dark skinned lady, and after waiting for her to pass, he tells me "She's black because she is very old"

my little fella has finally got the confidence up to make his own friends now he's started kindy - he was so centric around his older sister, his world kinda fell apart when she started school.

now, every chance he gets, wherever we go -

"dad! dad! i could make some new friends there!"
"of course you can mate! that's the best bit."
"yeah....it is, isn't it?! i like making new friends. sometimes i don't even ask their name! we just play".

my little fella has finally got the confidence up to make his own friends now he's started kindy - he was so centric around his older sister, his world kinda fell apart when she started school.

now, every chance he gets, wherever we go -

"dad! dad! i could make some new friends there!"
"of course you can mate! that's the best bit."
"yeah....it is, isn't it?! i like making new friends. sometimes i don't even ask their name! we just play".

perfect....

Another recent one was when my boy saw an old dark skinned lady, and after waiting for her to pass, he tells me "She's black because she is very old"

This reminded me of something my daughter said when she was about 4. We have pretty much lived in the country all the kids lives, but were visiting the city one day. My daughter was staring at an attractive business woman walking towards us, head swivelling as she passed. My girl whispered to me "Mum, why does that woman have white arms and face and black legs??" Her face was incredulous. Of course, the woman was wearing sheer black stockings! Poor country bumpkin child!

Our daughter , 10, was yacking about school last week and they were playing dare.
Her number came up and they said you've gotta go behind that bush with a boy for one minute.
They went behind the bush ,
she says to him , "touch me and I'll kick you"
him - " agreed "

Nice and simple , love it.

Back