Demolish an old house

Hi,

Any one know how much will it cost to demolish an old house in Sydney? How long it takes to demolish normally?

Thank you. :)

In Newcastle it costs around $10K depending on the size and construction of the house.

The one opposite me came down last week - seemed to take about three days.

Hi,

Any one know how much will it cost to demolish an old house in Sydney? How long it takes to demolish normally?

Maybe have a look if you can sell the house first to a House Removal company the going rate is about 25-35k depending on the house and roof and afew other important items,,,Time to demolish once and if there is pre 80's fibro,then once all that is striped out and in the bin under plastic ,and all the trucks are lined up less than five hours, that,s in Brisbane....willair..

Asbestos didn't worry the guys demolishing across the road.

We watched them piling it in a heap with no precautions at all.

The neighbour called workcover and they came out and roused on them and gave them several fines I was told.

The demolishers were a dodgy lot. Abused and threatened the other neighbours, connected hoses to people's taps and left trucks parked across driveways. In the three days they were on site the Police attended twice to sort out their behaviour.

The owner was there but she didn't care about the issues and even joined in on the side of the dodgy demolition guys. Makes you wonder why as she plans to live there when the building is complete. But people don't seem to value neighbours like they used to.

FYI.....Just did one in Adelaide for $12,500.......4 Br Concrete Besser Brick construction small amount of asbestos in eaves only......guys did a great job, totally clean & complete bare block scrape (no hidden concrete or pipes) and left street area clean too.

Cheers,

Ian.

We are about to get a 3brm fibro place demolished, stacks of asbestos, quotes ranged from 11,500 - 16,000.

Sorry to hijack the post abit - but anyone else just demolished and had to convert overhead power lines to underground? I can't find any concrete info on the net about it, just that new developments require an upgrade to underground power - but that was a WA site and we're in Melbourne....

Cheers
AV

FYI.....Just did one in Adelaide for $12,500.......4 Br Concrete Besser Brick construction small amount of asbestos in eaves only......guys did a great job, totally clean & complete bare block scrape (no hidden concrete or pipes) and left street area clean too.

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian, can you please provide the company name and number?

G'day Opulence,

Details are below. They are based in southern suburbs (Lonsdale?)....and charged for cartage (this was disclosed to me before I gave them the go ahead).....did a great job.

Took around 10 days due to poor weather and excavator driver had back spasms at the time, otherwise it might have been done in 5 -7 days, but I was in no hurry.

John Lawton
DeYoungs Salvage Pty Ltd
Ph: 08 8327 0202
Fax: 08 8327 1500
Mob: 0438 821 010
Email: [email protected]
www.deyoungs.com.au

Cheers,

Ian.

can be a good idea to personally supervise the demo... make sure they dont bury the rubble in the front yard - am totally serious too, been caught before.

Thanks Ian, that's actually in Seaford Meadows, and about 5mins from the old house I'm looking to demolish. :)

Didadi, also ensure the company has the correct insurance, and get a copy of the statement for yourself.

Thanks for all the replies.. :)

It is a timber house. I think more than 40 years old. There is abestos roofing on the garage and three more than 3 metres trees. I was told that it will be cheaper to use salvage yards company for demolition. They are able to resell the timber and brick.

By the way, do you have any contact of demolition company you used in Sydney or NSW? Can I have it? Thank you.

didadi :)

How much does it cost to demolish a house in Sydney?

Hi,

What is the house made of? is it an old fibro house? or brick maybe timber? which part of Sydney?.
Cheers Anesti

Back