Demolition Costs Help

Has any one Demolished a house and do you have an approximate cost?We need to push a house over in Rockhampton.

Demolition costs will be dependant upon what type of material your house is constructed of, size etc.

If you have a timber/fibro highset house, you may be able to sell it. If you have brick/asbestos etc you will have to demolise and dispose of it.

Don't forget to sell whatever useable items you can. (kitchens, bathrooms, showers, roof tiles, timber etc etc).

Make sure youget a couple of quotes as they can vary by thousands. All depends on how much work the demolotion co. has at a particular time.

Cheers

BUNDY

surprisingly I have experienced little diff between demolsihing a fibro vs. a brick duplex with substantial concrete, trees etc. they were basically $10 - 12k for the complete job. demo companies generally try to bury rubbish on site so watch them like a hawk.
I tried to sell the fibro... didnt really work, project timing is more importnat than saving a couple of grand on the demo.

I've also obtained quotes to demolish a (5-bed weatherboard) cyclone damaged house...came out around $5-10K. Sometimes can be cheaper if you sell the stuff to the demolisher.

cheers
Sharon

demo companies generally try to bury rubbish on site so watch them like a hawk.

This is really important.

A friend of mine demolished a house in Frankston to build a Vet clinic, and the demolisher tried to bury stuff on the site. They even did a terrible job of hiding it, it looked hilarious - there was practically a hill in the middle of the site, covered with some topsoil.

It wasnt so funny when the asbestos was found buried in amongst everything.

All went to court, the operator closed the company off, and started a new one. Never got one cent from them. They operate today, probably doing the same thing.

I would suggest that you get what you pay for? Go on referrals, not on cost I guess.

Maybe dont pay anything until the job is done.

T.

Thanks for that guys' we got quoted $5000 to get rid of it,it was a s..ter,but the demo guys were going to take it to there yard and build a verandah around it and pretty it up. Helps to have a big yard full of free stuff.

Anyway, that deal went a bit pear shaped after doing due dilligence on the block.

Thanks for your help

Bloss

Back