Development Control Precinct

Hi all, It's my first time on here, or any forum for that matter. I have a house on a double block( 809m2) in Wynnum. There sits an old Queenslander on it.The house straddles both blocks( I think the house is about 9 m wide, and about 13m long, (these measurements were taken 6 months ago)).
My business partner who lives in the same street, only recently told me about the dcp. I've done a little research, but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with , or any success with developing a site with a dcp.
My partner and I are 50/50, and we were going to build 2 double story detached houses with pools on the site. The house is pretty ramshackle,timber weatherboards and tin, all in need of some extensive reno work if we were to save it. I can't remember if the street has alot of period homes in it. For memory, there are many post war, and modern homes in the street, so I don't think that removing the house would detract from street image, i think it would improve it.

I wouldn't think it matters what you think about how it looks, or anything else. If it must stay due to the DCP, then you are stuck with it, but could possibly move it aside.

Our PPOR and IPs are in DCP areas, but a house in our street managed to be removed and a new one built, and one over the road from one of our IPs managed also to be removed and two new ones built.

We have been told by a town planner that he is fairly confident one of our IPs could be removed by a developer due to it being so ugly :D. It seems to me that developers manage to do things that we mere mortals cannot.

First port of call would be to visit the council and find out if it can be removed from the block and go from there. At worst, perhaps you could move it over, renovate it, and build one new house on the other half of the block.

PS. Welcome!!!

Thanks for the prompt response Whylie. I'll be in Brissie in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks. I'll hit the ground running when I get into town, hopefully armed with a bit of knowledge!

if it's a framed queenslander and it's on a heritage list or whatever, then just pick the bluddy thing up and move it over onto the ONE title and build on the other.

council wins and you win.

DCP houses may be difficult to remove but not impossible. There are certain conditions where you are able to obtain permission from council to remove the DCP house.

We have been able to gain approval to remove DCP houses for 2 x projects from council in the last 3 to 6 months. Brisbane City council are now more strict compared to a year ago, and they would like to preserve DCP houses wherever possible.

Not too sure what your intentions are, but you can either keep the house and develop at the back (subject to zoning) or remove the house and start with the clean site.

Thanks rexilla99.

What conditions to remove would that be. Where could I start? Is council the best place to start? It's just an old dump, with not much character. I don't remember the entire street, but it's definately not a street full of Queenslanders.
Cheers...

At 9m wide you would have to trim the side if you move it over. Too many variables to comment more. If u pm the address I will streetview it and can giv you some more ideas

Here is the demolition code that you would have to address in your planning application

Attachments

• chapter5_demolition_code.pdf
    110.4 KB · Views: 256
Back