Dinner gathering BIG

I was wondering if anyone noted what date the dinner gathering in UMG for BIG was going to be? Its in a week or two but I forgot the date. Was it to be a phone for reservation thing, or just turn up?
Cheers Brenda :)

Hiya Brenda,

Tis on Tuesday 14th June, at Toscani's at Garden City Mt Gravatt.

Around about 7pm. Just turn up.

Seeya there.

asy :D

BIG Brisbane Special Social Event Meeting 14 June 2005

Dear Brenda,

Here is the detailed post on the Social Event. :)

Cheers,

Shane/Sunstone.

BIG Brisbane Special Social Event Meeting 14 June 2005.

Dear guys,

Details on a special BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) social event meeting!

When: Tuesday 14th of June 2005.
Where: Toscanis
Shop 1A; Town Square (Opposite the Birch Caroll and Coyle Megaplex)
Westfield Garden City; Logan Road;
Upper Mt Gravatt Qld 4127
Tel : (07) 3420 0050

http://www.toscanis.com.au/restaurant.php?restaurant_id=3
http://www.westfield.com/gardencity/ourstores/index.html?centre_id=gardencity&retailer_id=18925

(Look for the BIG Group Sign on one of the tables.)

(UBD 201 Ref F12).

Dress: Informal.
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: Pay for yourself.

A social event just to enjoy dinner together with some other BIG members. Opportunity to network in a casual environment with no speaker.

Also it’s KieranK’s Birthday on the day. (So you are allowed to be extra nice to Kieran on the night. ;) ).

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. ;) )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

What is BIG?

“Brisbane’s first choice for investment property networking and information.”

BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit group of like minded people who meet monthly to network and share information about property investment.

Just a quick report on this event which occurred last night.

18 people turned up (if we count the 4 kids), spread over two tables. I was hoping/expecting more people (say 20 to 30) - may be, having the event squeezed in between a public holiday and State of Origin night wasn't a great idea. Also, having school holidays start at the end of the week may have been a factor.

Conversation on my table was non-stop (... and that had nothing to do with me, being shy as I am).

I thought the food was good although not what I would call cheap.

Everyone I talked to said they enjoyed the event and that we should do it more often. This is something the Committee will have to consider.

Last but not least, many thanks to all those who wished me happy birthday and gave me birthday presents - that was NOT the reason for this event.

KieranK

kierank said:
Last but not least, many thanks to all those who wished me happy birthday and gave me birthday presents
What'd ya get???. Nah, just kiddin'

Sounds like you guys had a great time. As you mentioned Kieran, next time the timing could be planned around a night when there is no footy on, especially State of Origin, a must watch in anyones language :D .

Oh yeah, GO THE BLUES (even though I love Qld, may have to change allegiance whenever I move there)

Regards
Marty

Back