Do owners get copy of PCR?

Just wondering if owners normally get a copy of the PCR? I asked for a copy and it was sent but also told they don't normally do it. Now, I've read and checked it and of course .... surprise, surprise, found some errors. Most obvious saying we had new carpets put in Bed 2 when we didn't, only in the lounge, bed 1 and bed 3.

So that's why I asked to see it. They haven't sent me photos either.

They also used the old PCR from the old PM, and updated that - I don't think that's good practice, most of it was the same word for word.

Do other people get a copy of their PCR, do they trust their PM? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't normally send a LL the condition report, unless they requested it.

I'd happily send through photos, but that would likely be on a USB as that's easier with the amount of photos I take.

Very poor practice.

Has the TT moved in yet? If so, have they returned their signed copy? What does that say?

If not, I'd get them to redo it, or change management. Leaving you open to risk if the condition report isn't thorough enough.

Se would not normally send the PCR to the landlords either, unless of course they asked for it them no worries.....

Photo's are an easy thing to send now as days so don't know why that would be an issue. :)

Thanks guys. I wanted to say something about the PCR but I wasn't sure if it was the norm or accepted to use the old PCR, am I being nitpicky?

The previous inspection they sent through the photos embedded in the document so you couldn't click or enlarge them or anything ... waaayyy too small to see! I made a remark and asked them to email photos through separately next time.

So now I don't know if I can be bothered to ask for photos, maybe I am just being an over-conscientious pain-in-the-*** LL!

You're not being a pain. It's your property and they are working for you. Ask for the photos and make sure everything is as you expect.

As for the PCR, it's definitely not the norm to re-use an old one . A fresh PCR should be done for each new tenancy.

I will send a landlord a copy of the ingoing report if I have recently taken over management and there are issues at the property not picked up at the previous agents vacating inspection. I'll send a copy through if I feel that the property is not of very good standard and requires a lot of work and then I'll send a copy though if the owner asks, typically though, I don't send one through!

It's not hard to put some photos on a disk and post it out to you. A lot of my ingoing reports are worded very similar to the previous agents as we use the same terms but it's always written by a different person and not identical!

If you're not happy, change :)

Back