Do you agree with Robert Kiyosaki's prediction? GFC in 2016....

I wonder if he predicted his own bankruptcy?

I wonder if he predicted that some people wouldn't be able to differentiate between one of his businesses going under (which happened) and he himself going bankrupt (which didn't happen)?

I wonder if he predicted that some people wouldn't be able to differentiate between one of his businesses going under (which happened) and he himself going bankrupt (which didn't happen)?

Yep, a Limited Liability Company that Kiyosaki had done business under for years filed for bankruptcy after losing a judgement and being ordered to pay nearly $24 Million

Donald Trump did similar didn't he, never personally going bankrupt (just companies he was involved with did).

A Rich Dad move, open another company and move on? :rolleyes:

I'm predicting 3rd quarter 2015. US equities to rise going into 3rd quarter next year. Capital has to find a home. and US equities it will be.

Ok it's here in writing. Let's touch base in October 2015 and see if I made a correct prediction or not.

I'm predicting 3rd quarter 2015. US equities to rise going into 3rd quarter next year. Capital has to find a home. and US equities it will be.

FED's effectively tightening and dollars are in short supply. Can't see where the fuel's coming from to meet your prediction.

Ok it's here in writing. Let's touch base in October 2015 and see if I made a correct prediction or not.

For sure. I'll back you on that one.

this is very possible as in the past QE's, the stock market has corrected post end of QE1 and QE2 and now possibly after QE3. FED has always stepped in to prop things up. So if things get worse next coupe quarters, we gonna see helicopter BEN become helicopter Yellen.

So if things get worse next coupe quarters, we gonna see helicopter BEN become helicopter Yellen.

Unlikely. Each round of QE has bought less GDP. For every $ of QE they get only $0.25 of GDP.

The go now is to try and build an interest rates buffer for the next correction. They'll want to get rates up to around 1-1.5% I'm guessing. There's no bullets left KB

FED's effectively tightening and dollars are in short supply. Can't see where the fuel's coming from to meet your prediction.

FED tightening ? You musnt have seen the new budget, the Omnibus spending bill, where the banks just snuck in a rule which allows their subsidiary trading entities to be covered under FDIC insurance for derivatives trading. So effectively their derivatives trades are now covered.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertl...n-on-trading-derivatives-backed-by-uncle-sam/

"In effect, it means the major banks need not limit their trading of financial derivatives to non-bank operations that the market will never be fooled into thinking some future risk of danger has just been avoided. It is a complex holiday present for Wall Street."

Plus you have QE from Japan and Europe and their economies arent doing all that great. Solid blue chip US companies aren't going anywhere so plenty of money still hanging around. Most of it will move from Europe into the US as things get worse over there.

FED tightening ? You musnt have seen the new budget, So effectively their derivatives trades are now covered.

Changing the bag boy for derivatives doesn't add fuel to US equities

Plus you have QE from Japan and Europe and their economies arent doing all that great. Solid blue chip US companies aren't going anywhere so plenty of money still hanging around. Most of it will move from Europe into the US as things get worse over there.

Japanese QE is deflationary and the ECB isn't doing QE anytime soon if eva. The flow of dollars has always been from the US to the EU to hold up that house of cards.

If oil stays down (which it looks like it will) then shale goes tits up and energy credit breaks as it's doing now then you'll see what small employment gains that have been made going backwards (70% of employment gains since 08 have come from energy expansion mainly shale).

So unless there's some sort of miracle developing out there then I still fail to see where the fuel's coming from for a move up in US equities.

I hold 12M worth of property at 40% LVR. In order to be successful one needs to leave the Perma Bull thinking. Prove me wrong in 2-3 years

not saying you are and congrats on building a sizeable portfolio. saying that a recession could be due in any of the next four years is immensely vague, that's all.

DOW up 400 points yesterday. I liquidated some of my positions for a pull back. Back in when things settle. US equities is the only game in town.

Capital continues to move into US equities as the DOW hits 18k. If it breaks 18.5k it will continue upwards to 20k. Capital is making the decisions.

this seems to be worrying some economists ..will be interesting to see what happens

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/Market-Collapse-Finance-Stocks/2013/03/01/id/492699/

"Why the Next Stock Market Crash Will Happen Any Day Now
Monday, 22 Dec 2014 09:12 PM
By Christian Hill

There is overwhelming evidence that the next stock market crash could strike any day now, and a growing number of investors are turning to a noted economist to prepare for the ?unthinkable.?

The message is clear: Despite the Dow hitting pre-crash highs, companies reporting positive earnings, and the financial media saying we are looking at the ?beginning of a new bull market,? the stock market is on the verge of another historic collapse.

The evidence is in a group of charts released by some of the biggest names on Wall Street.
Individually, these charts may not mean much. But taken collectively, they are simply too much for any investor to ignore."

Back