Do you believe in somethings meant to happen or maybe it isn't ?

Gday people.
Like it can be with anything in life l know but have you ever went at something really hard like buying your place , because you just ended up having to to make it happen ?
Did that pay off or was it maybe so hard to get because once you did get it , it turned out a bad move anyway or worse , you couldn't manage or life turned to sh@t somehow related to it ?
Or maybe the opposite , maybe it turned out great or the smartest thing you ever did

What made you decide it was time to pull out all the stops or , maybe forget about it , it wasn't meant to be ?
Where is the difference , do you think the right things happen easier or maybe not ?

Cheers

No worries , l'll pm ya :D

Doesn't make much sense hu . Yep l must admit , it was very hard to word what l was trying to ask.
I almost deleted it but then re read it a few times and thought nah , that makes sense - just :eek:

ps , l'll leave it up to the masses , we can always turn it into another joke thread !

I think I get what you mean.
Some would say 'if you're Highgate project was meant to be it would have been approved, let it be'.
The stubborn mule in me says 'It's meant to happen, I just have to keep at it and it will be worthwhile it in the end'.
One day in hindsight I might look back and say 'hmm fighting council for 15mths wasn't your brightest move' OR it will be 'hmmm fighting council for 15mths paid off big time, thank fark you kept at it and kept fighting'

It will go either way. Until it does I control it and I get to make things happen or NOT :)

I thought it was going to be another ghost thread.

Mate, things happen for a reason, not just random.

You either make it or someone else does.

Simple, don't complicate things.

Humans look for patterns, meaning etc, it's part of our make up :D

I like Calvin Coolidge's quote

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race

I think I get what you mean.
Some would say 'if you're Highgate project was meant to be it would have been approved, let it be'.
The stubborn mule in me says 'It's meant to happen, I just have to keep at it and it will be worthwhile it in the end'.
One day in hindsight I might look back and say 'hmm fighting council for 15mths wasn't your brightest move' OR it will be 'hmmm fighting council for 15mths paid off big time, thank fark you kept at it and kept fighting'

It will go either way. Until it does I control it and I get to make things happen or NOT :)

Haha yep nailed it West , that's a relief :cool:
So if you want it you'd push on then no matter how much grief or just doesn't seem to want to happen it gives you right ?

Haha yep nailed it West , that's a relief :cool:
So if you want it you'd push on then no matter how much grief or just doesn't seem to want to happen it gives you right ?

I constantly reassess my situations, try and decide if I'm being an idiot stubborn mule then decide AGAIN :). Most of the time though it is persistance and belief in the concept/vision which will get you through.

Of course there are times when you have to decide it's just not worth it anymore. This is not the universe talking, this is you reassessing and saying 'ok I've tried for 15mths, I can no longer sustain the holding cost and risk of it not happening, it's now time to go to Plan B'

Humans look for patterns, meaning etc, it's part of our make up :D

I like Calvin Coolidge's quote
Quote:
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race

I love that quote - thanks for sharing it!

That Coolidge quote is spot on. However, it's important to remember that it's a bit of a tightrope. Whilst persistence is important, it's also important to know when to walk away from a project that is simply going nowhere.

Vision (and revision) + persistence = success

The more wins you have, the more confidence and wisdom you seem to accumulate and others pick up on that and whatever you set your plough to seems to bear more and more results.

The longer you persist the more exponential growth seems to appear.

Thats been my experience thus far.

Vision (and revision) + persistence = success

The more wins you have, the more confidence and wisdom you seem to accumulate and others pick up on that and whatever you set your plough to seems to bear more and more results.

The longer you persist the more exponential growth seems to appear.

Thats been my experience thus far.[/QUOTE

Thanks FM and yeah l've noticed that with some people myself . Cheers

Gday people.
Where is the difference , do you think the right things happen easier or maybe not ?

Cheers

Yes, random. agree with you and other posters.

It works both ways. Sometimes opportunities come in disguise.
E.g. being evicted from a long-term rental. Do you buy (scary) or do you find somewhere else to rent (familiar but more competitive). That's a great time to buy!

It depends on the situation at the time. At times, renting is easy, at other times it's hard.
You have to look at your motives when making big decisions. Are you being held back by fear of the unknown? Or are you pushing, shoving and being aggressive to try and force things to work out?

If it's new and scary, organise the steps you need to take. Take the steps and reassess after each one. If it's working out, keep going.

If not, then reconsider. Maybe you have a good goal but the time and place aren't right.

For example, I was thinking of moving to another city to work at the beginning of the year after being offered an opportunity I've been waiting on for a few years. But didn't have my license at the time and just couldn't get it together. Asked friends to help but it was all too rushed and I felt like I was using them.

Realised that the new job wasn't treating me with respect i.e. not giving me enough time to get organised. Probably they would continue to treat me like this. Decided not to force myself. What kind of stresed state would I have been in when starting the new job?

In general, you nearly always have to do the footwork. When there are insurmountable barriers, reassess.

P.S. - there's always an 'anit-climax' - doesn't mean you've done the wrong thing.
Just readjust to the new circumstances. Things will be fine.

Yes, random. agree with you and other posters.

It works both ways. Sometimes opportunities come in disguise.
E.g. being evicted from a long-term rental. Do you buy (scary) or do you find somewhere else to rent (familiar but more competitive). That's a great time to buy!

In general, you nearly always have to do the footwork. When there are insurmountable barriers, reassess.

That is a good point. One of the examples we know best on the forum was when China was told to move out of his business location. It prompted unforetold changes that he may not have been able to do when he was stuck in his analysis paralysis stage.

P.S. - there's always an 'anit-climax' - doesn't mean you've done the wrong thing.
Just readjust to the new circumstances. Things will be fine.

Good ole bush ingenuity!

This ability to readjust if things go pearshaped is key.

Otherwise, you may be flogging a dead horse at times.

Persistence and determination are worthy weapons indeed for achieving your target, but a far more important subject is target selection itself.

I've spoken with many people who have applied diligence, persistence and determination in achieving a life goal.....but frankly....the goal they chose was inconsequential, or unwise at best....and hence all of that effort amounted to not a lot.

As an example, one chap desperately wanted to buy a brand new Jaguar motor vehicle. He sacrificed nearly 8 years of his prime working life to save enough beanies to purchase one straight off the showroom floor. He lost about 35% of it's value the morning he drove it out of the car yard.

His "other self", earning the same amount doing exactly the same job could have poured his funds into a property empire and would have been light years in front.

The massive difference between the two wasn't persistence or determination, it was one had a quality worthwhile goal and the other had a **** goal.

Gday people.
Like it can be with anything in life l know but have you ever went at something really hard like buying your place , because you just ended up having to to make it happen ?
Did that pay off or was it maybe so hard to get because once you did get it , it turned out a bad move anyway or worse , you couldn't manage or life turned to sh@t somehow related to it ?
Or maybe the opposite , maybe it turned out great or the smartest thing you ever did

What made you decide it was time to pull out all the stops or , maybe forget about it , it wasn't meant to be ?

I am Irish, we are basically " yeah, s**te happens! move on" or our other saying is build a bridge and get over it... No matter what you come across in Life, in my opinion, you end up on top. I have had so many downfalls, bad decisions, losses, gains, and joys in life. I have had times where life was just too hard but had to keep on struggling, we all have.
I will never regret any of those times because each and every one of them was a lesson to build on. Wether I did wrong by someone, had someone do wrong by me, lost a heap on a property, bad judgments, good calls, it hasn't mattered because it is all ok. It might not be amazing, it might not be as bad as some else, but it is life and learning from it always puts you out on top.

Call it karma, call it Lady Luck, call it the devil on your shoulder, every decision or move you make is a lesson to learn from. If you learn from it, you are ahead.

Gee you know, this thread really should be framed.
The thoughts and wisdom , advice , experience, just too much .

Really , l had no idea how to put what l wanted to ask but you've all either nailed it step by step or cut some huge chunk out of it somewhere.
l think some of you guys must be physic to .

Thanks very much guys .

Back