Do you ever mention investing while at work?

Also don't talk to anyone else who'd like to tell me I can't do it, that's impossible, investing is risky etc.

Those are the most fun to have know.
Great incentive to have someone tell you, you can't do it.
Just say "maybe you can't"...but that doesn't stop me :)

Lead by example.

I do a catchup lunch about 4 times a year with 4 other girls, who between us have around 18 properties (20+ inc. granny flats), and we very rarely talk about IP's socially, unless we have a doozy tenant story or someone has just purchased.

Why do you think this is dumbing down?

I think it's refreshing talking about mindless things sometimes :).

no offence to yourself or other women on the forum - but only a woman could say that, in my experience.

i have ZERO interest in the superficial and want everything i do in life to be a learning, money making or otherwise productive experience. I only have 85 years on this rock and nearly 2/5 of it is down the tube already. If this makes me 'intense' or 'harshing your buzz' then f**k off and go sit inside - i'd rather stare at the ants on the concrete than talk about drivel all night long.

life's too short to waste on movie stars, egos and designer labels.

no offence to yourself or other women on the forum - but only a woman could say that, in my experience.

i have ZERO interest in the superficial and want everything i do in life to be a learning, money making or otherwise productive experience. I only have 85 years on this rock and nearly 2/5 of it is down the tube already. If this makes me 'intense' or 'harshing your buzz' then f**k off and go sit inside - i'd rather stare at the ants on the concrete than talk about drivel all night long.

Just curious what conversations you have with your wife and family :confused:.

We're all different I suppose - I doubt it's a gender thing.

I don't catch up with friends to discuss how to make money, or because the time spent with them is financially productive. To me that is superficial ;).

addit: do you honestly think the vast majority of women past the age of about 20 to 25years of age talk movie stars, egos and designer labels when they catch up??

I have a bit more interest than ZERO in taking crap, like other males do..

But I have been finding lately that I easily get frsutrated at how shallow things and people seem sometiem..

...ALL I hear is crap crap crap crap like how I'm odd cause I dont use that new I PHONE application which is so amazing.. and how important it is to have free facebook on your phone plan.. I'm considered "immat8ure" or a stickler if I say, I kjnow ther's discount sales all the time, but how the hell do you earn extra money to be able to shop off them

It would be nice to be able to discuss serious things as well sometimes.

It ain't just women Aaron, surely you've noticed this too

I...ALL I hear is crap crap crap crap like how I'm odd cause I dont use that new I PHONE application which is so amazing.. and how important it is to have free facebook on your phone plan..

Hang out or work with some older people jaycee, and it's problem solved :p.

Hang out or work with some older people jaycee, and it's problem solved :p.

How's that solve it ? You just said, you and your friends won't talk investing etc either....

I'e discussed sustff when peopel have mentioneed it first, rought up things I "found out about recently" that I didnt know, as a way of moving the subject towards "possibilities" from the 'complaining' (for lack of a better term), people seem to act like it's an interesting far out theory like heaps of other theories, but not that it could apply to them - at best....

How's that solve it ? You just said, you and your friends won't talk investing etc either....

Yes, but my friends and I talk about things we each want to talk about/hear.

You said "ALL I hear is crap crap crap crap... I PHONE applications... free facebook...". I just took it that you didn't want to hear it.

Just thought you might be hanging out with younguns.

The oldest person that has ever tried to talk apps with me was 17yo (my 18yo before the novelty wore off).

---------------------------------------

I am definitely not talking about 18 yr olds.

If my neice talked to me aobut it, I wouldn;t hae mentioned it

I was trying to talk in the same ein as this thread about talkign investing vs. other subjects and how it received. The I PHONE app was one general example of many, not a literal definition.

I am definitely not talking about 18 yr olds.

If my neice talked to me aobut it, I wouldn;t hae mentioned it

I was trying to talk in the same ein as this thread about talkign investing vs. other subjects and how it received. The I PHONE app was one general example of many, not a literal definition.

Actually I do believe you. Some apps are pretty impressive. It's just that no adult has ever discussed phone apps or free facebook on phone plans with me.

Actually I do believe you. Some apps are pretty impressive. It's just that no adult has ever discussed phone apps or free facebook on phone plans with me.

Only the people in the telstra shop trying to sell me a service on the basis that "twitter, facebook and myspace come FREE". Like I give a crap, I don't use any of them.

...sounds like we need another lunch down at the Vic ol' chum...I hear the ant viewing is quite good at this time of the year.

I'll send around an invite and see if Friday is any good.

I'd never waste a moment reading tabloid bs or watching bs about a celebrity, but I do enjoy watching a movie or two per week.

I have no interest in stalking people via fb, twit, etc, but most of my spare time, and most of my weekends, are spent doing enjoyable stuff with real :pfamily and real friends, and the vast majority is not discussing making money! I have bored a few of them talking money, but I think it's good that most people I know aren't as much of a geek as me, otherwise tax time would be the most exiting time of year.

I just want enough money coming in to support a fun lifestyle, stuff like holidays, decent house and cars, etc, nothing too flash. That's a good balance I think. Any more than that would be just greed for useless numbers on a page, because when I'm on my death bed, I can't buy more time on this world to have more fun.

Agree vincenzo. At the end of the day it comes down to what value you place on family and friends, and which takes precedence money, or time 'chilling' with them.

Agree vincenzo. At the end of the day it comes down to what value you place on family and friends, and which takes precedence money, or time 'chilling' with them.

So you don't discuss your needs / wants / etc with friends, only wqith strangers ? :confused:

A bit off topic from discussing investing at work aren't we !

So you don't discuss your needs / wants / etc with friends, only wqith strangers ? :confused:

I said I enjoy 'chilling' with friends and family. That is productive to me. I mentioned nothing about strangers.

A bit off topic from discussing investing at work aren't we !

Not as off topic as discussing starving children on a thread about whether it's harder to find love when you have money.

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Sorry weg, I am not tyring to match wits with you / make you out to be wrong

I just asked dont; you liketlak investing etc with your firends or peopel you now ?

The off topic thing was also not having a go at you, but an attempt at a humnourous observation

Handy Guide:

Code:
          Boring                                           Irresponsible

Do nothing but try to make money             Do nothing but try to spend money
  Talk only about making money                 Talk only about spending money
     You are an accountant                    You are a drug addict on welfare

I try to aim somewhere in the middle.

hang on - i never said family time was unproductive or a waste.

don't go putting words into my mouth just because i didn't expressly omit them from classification, here.

Back