Do you use a dishwasher?

Do you use a dishwasher

• Yes

Votes: 76 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 30.9%

• Total voters
Just wondering what % of households use dishwashers. We have never had one and neither have my parents. I always have a dilemma whether to install them into my new homes or not.

I've never had one and I think only one of my IPs has one. However, in saying that, when we eventually update our kitchen we will be putting one in.

In my own home we have one.
Many of our IP's have them.

The house were are house sitting has one, but we only used it twice.
The setup inside is not user friendly.
If you buy a dishwasher, make sure your dishes will fit inside easily.
I think the cheaper the diswasher, the more basic it is, less to break down, and usually easier to fill.

The half an hour that I get back from not washing the dishes means more time with the kids - especially during school terms and homework.

However, I must admit that we have a good one that uses little power and water.

both :)

we produce that many dishes and unusual size things that dont fit wth ease that we usually do a quick suds hand wash too

Some things dont go well in the highly alkaline environment, like some non stick cookware, many plastics and acrylics

Would not be without the dishi though !

ta
rolf

Apart from not having to wash by hand, I just love that dishes can be stacked in the dishwasher throughout the day, leaving you with a clean sink pretty much all of the time.

What I find odd is people with a dishwasher but don't ever use it.

I know 2 people like this - both aren't confident that it can wash as well as they can :confused:

One of our best ever purchases... along with the electronic garage door opener and the portable DVD player for the kids. None of them cost very much, but they each revolutionised our lives!
Pen

we have an LG dishwasher and LOVE it. I cant wash up any where near as clean and sparkly. It takes a massive load. Highly recommended.

I finally got a 2 draw dishwasher about 4 months ago and would never not have one again. I turn it on before I go to bed and wake up to clean dry dishes all at the press of a button - love it!! :) Also bought one of those round automatic vaccuum cleaners that you switch on and set to vaccum for 15 minutes and then it goes back into its charger - vaccuums the floor all by itself - its absolutley brilliant!! Now all I need is an automatic lawn mower & wardrobe tidier and I'll be set!! :D

Just wondering what % of households use dishwashers. We have never had one and neither have my parents. I always have a dilemma whether to install them into my new homes or not.

:eek: Are you serious? This is 2010!

Do you own a washing machine? ;)

It never ceases to amaze me how varied peoples living standards are, particularly amongst property investors. Especially 'seasoned investors' whom often puzzle me with comparatively utilitarian lifestyles... I take my modern day conveniences and standard of living quite seriously, but maybe that is because I am a journey man, not a destination kind of person.

I always have a dilemma whether to install them into my new homes or not.

In new houses/units you must install a dishwasher if you wish to sell and or rent at a good price, people usually open the dishwasher up on inspection IMHO. ;)

Personally when we were head down working full steam ahead we used our dishwasher(s). Nowadays we wash up by hand, we just gave our daughter our old dishwasher and installed a new one drawer dishwasher which we will not use as planning to sell our PPOR.

Regards
Sheryn

What I find odd is people with a dishwasher but don't ever use it. :confused:

You calling me odd weg? :D

I love to run the warm water over my hands and watch the bubbles form as very relaxing. We wash up as we cook so no noisy dishwasher going swoosh and no large load of dishes to be washed.

We don't have to bend to load or unload dishwasher, we allow our plates to drip dry overnight and half the time we use the clean plates & cutlery for the next meal without putting away in the cupboard.

BTW
Hubby does most of the cooking in our house - the kitchen is his domain.

Now what I find interesting is people who wash the dishes with detergent (not just rinsing wth water) before loading in dishwasher. :p

Regards
Sheryn

In new houses/units you must install a dishwasher if you wish to sell and or rent at a good price, people usually open the dishwasher up on inspection IMHO. ;)

Not true. There will always be certain types of property that do not require a dishwasher installed.

I have only had a dishwasher for 12 months, but I LOVE it! Keeps the benches and the sink clear, and washes far superior than I ever did :) Couldn't imagine life without it now.

:eek: Are you serious? This is 2010!
ITA! I thought maybe 5-10% of people wouldn't use a dishwasher. I'm shocked to see it's fully 1/3 of those here!! I don't get why you wouldn't. it often = less water than hand washing. Do some people actually like washing dishes?:confused:

Back