Votes: 10 20.0%
  • No - I never look at the advertising on the back

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:) Hi all,

I am trying to ascertain whether to advertise on the back of shopper dockets.
I received a marketing phone call last night from Magnus Advertising.

The offer is to have an ad run on the back of Shopper Dockets for Big W and a few other smaller supermarkets.

The price is just over $1380 for 12 months. I can change the ad four times quarterly. It is a 2 x Spot Colour Ad.

Who uses these dockets? I rarely do, but I do find myself checking the backs for anything of interest.

I am looking for the exposure and it is a really cheap way to advertise when you think of the exposure it receives.

Good or bad, your opinions would be appreciated.

Regards JO

I haven't even looked for ages, but was in the queue this morning to pay for petrol with my Woolies voucher. I looked idly on the back and noticed a local hotel was offering $5 for second main when one purchased.......hmmmm.....

There are a few websites now that offer discount dockets to simply print off - hotdockets comes to mind. Maybe check these out to compare costs.

A lot would depend on your type of business, how often people would use the service, where you are located etc.

If you are interested, why not offer $350 for a 3 month run (they say you can change your ad quarterly so this would be one ad) and see how you go?
Marg

I voted that I look at the back of the dockets...usually a quick glance to see if there is anything of interest..but I can't actually remember ever using a docket to buy/save anything...

Nadia

Jo

Sorry to disappoint, but I never look at the back of shopper dockets ... but then, I'm the one who also throws out junk mail - unread!

OTOH, I do buy an Entertainment Book every year and use the vouchers for restaurant meals, car hire, accommodation etc ... but that's probably not much help to you. :confused:

Have you had much feedback from other businesses who do advertise on shopper dockets?

Cheers
Lynn

Jo

Sorry to disappoint, but I never look at the back of shopper dockets ... but then, I'm the one who also throws out junk mail - unread!

OTOH, I do buy an Entertainment Book every year and use the vouchers for restaurant meals, car hire, accommodation etc ... but that's probably not much help to you. :confused:

Have you had much feedback from other businesses who do advertise on shopper dockets?

Cheers
Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

I throw out junk mail too! I don't buy the entertainment book either becasue we don't have baby sitters for the constant use of restaurants and I find the movie passes are cheaper when you buy in bulk from the movies.

I haven't checked with other businesses but that is a good idea.

The local Hogs Breath advertises on a docket- I have their discount docket on the fridge for a rainy day with the kids.

Thank-you for the suggestion.:)

Regards JO

Reading that others also throw out their junk mail without reading it has made me decide to put a "no junk" sticker on our letterbox. I put the junk mail on the pool table near our front door and tell my oldest son to read it and then throw it in the recycle bin.

He is the only one who is interested in it, but I think that enough is enough, and time to get that sticker on the letterbox.

Forgot to add that I also sometimes glance at the back of the dockets, but also never use them. I am not one to decide to have my armpits exfoliated just because I can get it done for 10% off this week :).

Sometimes I do see something that I was already interested in pursuing, but generally I then look around and find a better deal on the net anyway.

I agree that if they would allow you to try it for just three months, it would be worthwhile taking that risk.

Just thought I would add that my mother DOES check the dockets, rips them out, puts them in her wallet or on the kitchen bench, or somewhere else handy and then generally throws them out, unused, twelve months later.

I voted yes,i always have a look on the back, depends on what business you are in,but for the price it may work quite well for you,all the pizzas to watch Qld play Nsw tonight in our house will be bought on a 4 dollar docket,Go Qld...willair..

Thanks Wylie.

I recall my ex-employer mentioning that it takes 3 flyer distributions for the average person to actually register the advertisement and company.

So if I was to market a flyer, I would have to distribute it three times to the same houses for my business to register in their heads and for them to actually take notice of it.

As I am/was a Graphic Designer I can design the brochure. The printing and distribution of a brochure is going to cost me more than $1000.

The way I see it, to pay $1300 for my ad to run over and over again for 12 months is actually cheap advertising.

I may be wrong. I wonder if people looking at the back of a docket "sometimes" is enough.....:confused:

Regards JO

I voted yes,i always have a look on the back, depends on what business you are in,but for the price it may work quite well for you,all the pizzas to watch Qld play Nsw tonight in our house will be bought on a 4 dollar docket,Go Qld...willair..

Hey, there you go!

Thanks willair.

Regards JO

i look all the time and occasionally i use them.

you would want the exposure generated to pay at least 50% profit over and above expenditure though.

what's your market? if it's shopping centre related, then i'd say check it out.

I have advertised with them on Shop a Docket before.

I was disappointed with the response that time, however I will use them again.

The dockets previously were for a store about 1km away from the shopping mall where the dockets were issued. This time, I have a store inside the mall- you can smell the Subway bread sometimes from the issuing store- so I'm hoping for better response this time.

I was inititally offered a 20 week campaign, but I wasn't prepared to commit for that long for something where I did not know what sort of response I might get. They did come back with a ten week campaign after about a week, after initially telling me that I could not have a ten week.

The offer has to be a strong one.

I have had another campaign with PockitPal, who issue a small concertina folder with offers from a number places, to tertiary students. That has been by far the best response I have ever had from any advertising campaign. The total cost was $1500, split between five participating stores, all near tertiary institutions. It has been a huge success.

Reading that others also throw out their junk mail without reading it has made me decide to put a "no junk" sticker on our letterbox.

I've got a 'No Junk Mail' sign for our NEW letterbox, which is still lying on the floor of the spare bedroom ..... 8 weeks after we purchased it!!! I guess hubby will get around to 'planting' it ... one day! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hijack your thread, Jo ....

Cheers
Lynn

Well, I've just signed away! I guess we will find out.

I thought the marketing guy that rang me was throwing me a line when he said I had a deadline for my local Woolworths. It seems I missed out and have gone for another one - about another 10k's away.

I will reach 14,000 shoppers in one week. :D

Thanks for your replies, everyone. :D

Regards JO

Back