Doggy nappies - anybody used them (on your dog, that is)?

Just thought I would share my latest ebay purchase...

Two bright coloured nappies for our ageing poodle. Found FOUR puddles this morning. Combined with the fact that everything is kind of dripping with the sodden atmosphere from days and days of rain (even our timber handrails are wet), the floor was slippery enough, without adding his puddles into the mix.

He is nearly blind, but gets about very well. It is not obvious that his eyesight is nearly gone, but at night he cannot see to go out his little door and pee. We have been leaving lights on our back porch but he just cannot put two and two together and so piddles in a few favourite places on our polished floors. Thank goodness we don't have carpet except in the bedrooms. He ruined those carpets long ago when he was a puppy.

We are loath to recarpet and have him piddle on the new stuff (though he never seems to piddle in the bedrooms, but had some accidents when he was a puppy).

Looks like he is going to have to get used to wearing a night nappy. Luckily no other dogs will see him. Oh... the shame!

Family pets are just that, 'family', enjoy the time you have left with your beautiful dog Wylie. Their companionship, character and memories are priceless.

Family pets are just that, 'family', enjoy the time you have left with your beautiful dog Wylie. Their companionship, character and memories are priceless.

Couldn't have said it better OO. Our poodle (or "puddle" as I think he should be named from now on :D) is very much loved and gets the best spot on anything he chooses to sit on :D.

At 13 (or 14?) he still chases odd socks when I throw them for him in the morning, but then he needs to rest most of the day and keep an eye on what is happening at the kitchen island bench. As soon as anybody enters the kitchen, he is there at the end, waiting for something yummy to drop (or be held out for him).

He just walked through the house with a baked ham bone almost as big as he is :D.

awww he is a loved and lucky pet.. I personally would put on dog nappies if it keeps your household sane.. now where can I get some :D

I'm sick and tired of mopping after my puppy.. he is now banned from being in the car after throwing up over our new car due to motion sickness :eek:

Back