Double Garage or Tandem Garage : Better Selling Point

:confused:
I am subdividing a corner block in Glen Eira. For the back house facing the side street.

What is a better selling point a double garage or Single Garage?

The amount of space I am going to loose in such case would be around 5m2 in the Lounge/Dining/Kitchen area.

The confusion I have is it worth it?

How many bedrooms is the house? (i.e how many people do you think will live in it?)

Reason being:
if 2 people are living in the house (ie. 1 or 2 bedroom house), just get a 1 car garage.

If you're looking at 3+ people in the house, i'd say go for a double garage...

How many bedrooms is the house? (i.e how many people do you think will live in it?)

Reason being:
if 2 people are living in the house (ie. 1 or 2 bedroom house), just get a 1 car garage.

If you're looking at 3+ people in the house, i'd say go for a double garage...

This is a Three Bed Room+ Study or Four Bedroom House.

This is a Three Bed Room+ Study or Four Bedroom House.

From the council's perspective, I would have thought you be required to provide parking for at least 2 cars for that size dwelling.

Notwithstanding this, a double garage would definitely be a must for that size house.

There is council requirement for 2 parking space but that can be provided by having tandem garage for two cars.

Sorry no pictures, I haven't built the house, just getting plans through to council.

It seems that double garage is taking priority over single / tandem garage for reasons including:
Extra Storage Space
Ease of access for both the cars

Any other reason, please feel free to add.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Back