Double glazing windows in Sydney

Has anyone done double glazing in Sydney? Who did you use? There's so many places and types, I'm not sure where to start!

ETA: for noise reduction rather than thermal issues.

Magnetite is supposed to be good so I have heard.

Magnetite is such a clever concept. It allows you to retrofit it without replacing all your windows. But they are a little on the expensive side. Given how simple the concept is, I wonder if it's patented...seems like an opportunity for someone to offer a low cost version, particularly with inner city living on the rise.

Magnetite is such a clever concept. It allows you to retrofit it without replacing all your windows. But they are a little on the expensive side. Given how simple the concept is, I wonder if it's patented...seems like an opportunity for someone to offer a low cost version, particularly with inner city living on the rise.

Yes I agree it is easy to fit. We got a quote and it was $1100 for 2 windows. That was a bit pricey. I would say it has been patented because I haven't seen any other company do it yet and it has been around for a few years now.

Depends on the size of the windows (doh)!

At the lowest end of the market it's about $200/sqm (DIY, use your own frame), moving through the imported from China $400-$600/sqm, then up to the absolute gouging (IMHO) levels of $800+/sqm.
Add more for fancy opening mechanisms.
Do you want timber, aluminium or PVC surrounds?
What size do you want - 6/14/4? Argon filled?
etc etc.
Use the numbers above for a back-of-envelope, and whether it's for your PPOR or IP obviously helps work out your price/pain points :D

Back