Duplex with or without parapets?

G'day guys and girls,need your most valuable opinions on this pickle i'm dealing with right now. As the title suggests, should i leave them or put in a s97 and have them removed? The building will be brick with the parapets rendered with lines going through them also.
I like it the way it is but i also think it's too boxy,what are your thoughts?

ps The roof extends to the parapet covering the balconies.

Attachments

• parapet.jpg
    parapet.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 193
  • noparapet.jpg
    noparapet.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 157
I also like them, and when I squint and try to imagine the building facade without them, I think it is a bit bland, so leave them in... I say ;).

Thanks for your input Guys,much appreciated. They don't really fit in the area as most houses around me are single storey dwellings (hoping that will change soon).
Just to be clear,i'm only thinking of deleting the parapets on the right and left of the building,not the middle one's :eek:.

I can see that there is a slope but the front doors, windows etc are all at the same height so why are these feature walls not the same height? It's visually bugging me.

Also I wouldn't call these parapet walls, that is something totally different in my definition.

I can see that there is a slope but the front doors, windows etc are all at the same height so why are these feature walls not the same height? It's visually bugging me.

Also I wouldn't call these parapet walls, that is something totally different in my definition.

Parramatta city council requires that the dwellings not be symmetrical to one another. It wont look too bad especially because there is a kickback of about 1.4 metres anyway.
Thanks for your input mate,always appreciated (you helped out on my GF thread also).

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 87
Cool - it's still doing my head in :p

I'd just have one as a one storey portico and one full height rather than a small difference.

Leave them,

They look good, that is the current "look", also you'd have to replace them with some sort of skillion set up, which may be cheaper but will take away from the look, and the cost saving would be eaten up by S96 and new details from architect etc.

Stick with them,
they look good

It is an expensive feature..

S97 will cost you money and time too so you will have to weigh up additional cost and time vs money.

Anything will sell in paramatta area..so I wouldn't worry abt resale value at all.

Back