Dymphna Boholt Course

Just wondering if anyone has any comments - positive or negative on courses run by Dymphna Boholt?

There are previous threads re Dymphna being highly regarded for accounting and tax information.

Break Free have sent me some literature advising that Dymphna is running a 2 day course in Brisbane at the Convention Centre on Sat 8th and Sun 9th May 04. Cost is $1497 (Earlybird), Partner $997 (Earlybird).

Comments invited

BUNDY

Dear Bundy,

Have heard Dymphna speak for a short-time previously and have posted on this.

In the literature that you have received what does it say the course covers?

(Next stop virgin island companies for Bundy?)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

The brochure that i have is typical of break free 15 pages of "exciting info". Very similar to her wildly wealthy women website. Marketed similarly to Peter Span's seminars.

In short 5 topics

1. How to create a cash flow positive property portfolio with fast capital growth profits.

2. Discover legal and ethical tax secrets of the rich that can massively slash your tax burden by 70%.

3. How to protect and armour plate your financial empire against frivolous lawsuits.

4. The panadol free method of controlling your money with your own self managed super fund

Plus 5 bonuses

100% satisfaction guarantee.

So basically the entire seminar boils down to:

BUNDY said:
1. How to create a cash flow positive property portfolio with fast capital growth profits.
Buy positively geared property in locations with good growth prospects and look at ways to add value.

BUNDY said:
2. Discover legal and ethical tax secrets of the rich that can massively slash your tax burden by 70%.
Contract via a corporate structure - taking into account the 80% rule. Have your Trust structure pay for most things....computer equipment, vehicles, etc.

BUNDY said:
3. How to protect and armour plate your financial empire against frivolous lawsuits.
Use Trusts with corporate Trustees. Utilise a self-held second mortgage strategy as appropriate to make properties untouchable.

BUNDY said:
4. The panadol free method of controlling your money with your own self managed super fund
Get your accountant to set up a self-managed super fund. Use that super fund to buy a few properties outright.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Aceyducey said:
Use Trusts with corporate Trustees. Utilise a self-held second mortgage strategy as appropriate to make properties untouchable.

Hi Aceyducey
This is an interesting sentence - would you be able to expand it a little?

Lissy said:
Aceyducey said:

Hi Aceyducey
This is an interesting sentence - would you be able to expand it a little?
Lissy, I'm referring to the practice of writing your own 2nd mortgage over your own property on the basis that mortgage holders get priority over other creditors (except the first mortgage holder).

It's been discussed on the forum before, but I can't locate the threads...

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Aceyducey
I thought that's what you were talking about, but I couldn't find the past threads either. Anyone else more successful???

I've heard her briefly in person and on video
she knows her stuff,

just saw her ad for the 2 day course,

Hans Jakobi eat your heart out,

after hearing her speak and then reading the marketing bs in the promo
it just put me off completely.
buy dale gg's books
buy John Burleys books
not sure on Self managed Super, I plan on building my retirement fund every day, but I will not be waiting till Im 65 to touch it.

Actually I've got to agree with you there, Bicko.
The promo stuff was just way too much!
Referring to the reader as "my friend" and expressing sorrow that we hadn't rung and booked in for the opportunity of a lifetime just made me want to puke :)

I've tossed the material now but pretty sure it was Breakfree? They really go over the top with their brochures- all those capitals and underlining give me a serious headache when reading!

Jacque said:
Actually I've got to agree with you there, Bicko.
The promo stuff was just way too much!
Referring to the reader as "my friend" and expressing sorrow that we hadn't rung and booked in for the opportunity of a lifetime just made me want to puke :)

Yeah it all looks the same doesn't it?

All the copywriters must have gone to the same 'selling self-improvement' advertising school. Do they write ads for fad diets in their spare time?

None of this though is particularly new; I was browsing through a radio magazine from the 1930s and there was an ad fairly similar to modern wealth ads, but instead encouraging people to 'Be a Briton', and develop their muscles. The ad wasn't as big, but there was emphasis, underlining, pictures and testimonials.

Regards, Peter

It's a style very reminiscent of late Victorian newspaper advertising. It also came into vogue in the 1930s & again in the 1950s (primarily in magazines).

Amusingly advertising goes through fashion trends just like other things :)

The key is to stand out - so following a different advertising approach to the current fad is an advantage!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Aceyducey said:
So basically the entire seminar boils down to:

Buy positively geared property in locations with good growth prospects and look at ways to add value.

Contract via a corporate structure - taking into account the 80% rule. Have your Trust structure pay for most things....computer equipment, vehicles, etc.

Get your accountant to set up a self-managed super fund. Use that super fund to buy a few properties outright.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Ace,

I think you must be the good mentor!

Julian :) :)

Back