Dymphna Boholt Seminar Syd 17/2 + Terry Ryder

tubs it was clear to everyone but ethann i think ..... and thought it apt.... :)

ethann the only other thinig I'd consider to make yourself more a chick magnet is to wear a t-shirt with

"I know the Secret"

on it.

Chicks with stars in their eyes love that magical thinking "law of attraction" stuff.....in buckets.....

But I warn you, when a guy comes along who looks like he has been more successful with the Secret than you, blondie will take 3/4 of your assets and be off with him....trading up they call it....... :)

Chicks with stars in their eyes love that magical thinking "law of attraction" stuff.....in buckets.....
Not THIS little black duck! I loathe some of that stuff, and the junk science that so often goes with it, eg "quantum physics has proven..." and goes on to say something that has absolutely zero to do with quantum physics. I think the "logic" goes something along the lines of the fact that sub-atomic particles are in constant motion somehow proves that God or "the Universe" wants you to have everything you've ever dreamed of, just by thinking of it. PUH-lease!

I must say that much as I try and respect everybody's opinion, I can't help but find it embarrassing that so many women (in particular) seem to adopt some of these bizarre beliefs. :eek:

tubs it was clear to everyone but ethann i think ..... and thought it apt.... :)

ethann the only other thinig I'd consider to make yourself more a chick magnet is to wear a t-shirt with

"I know the Secret"

on it.

But I warn you, when a guy comes along who looks like he has been more successful with the Secret than you, blondie will take 3/4 of your assets and be off with him....trading up they call it....... :)

That's why it's better to stay single.

Mark

That's why it's better to stay single.

Mark

Yes for some, but not all.

Sounds like you need to find a woman who accepts a husband in a more traditional role.

THere's still a few billion to the north of Oz who have their feet on the ground, don't dye their hair, and understand the value of a dollar. I know 5 guys who have married Thais and Philippinos where everyone is very happy, including the wife's parents back home.

I also know 2 guys who's wives decided they couldn't be happy living anywhere but the Gold Coast, so they packed up the kids and left hubby to do his 12 hour shifts up in Blackwater.... :rolleyes:

OzPerp, you've come up in my estimates, if you can sieve the good from the not so good in the LOA stuff. Been some interesting debates on the forum about it.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to find a woman who accepts a husband in a more traditional role.

In my world, 'husband' is a four letter word. So is wife, lol. I fully intend to avoid marriage at all costs as I believe (and always have) that it's a complete waste of time and money and I don't need a ring on my finger or a piece of paper to tell me that I love someone.

Ladies - I'm not a commitment-phobe, just don't believe in marriage.

Mark

Not THIS little black duck! I loathe some of that stuff, and the junk science that so often goes with it, eg "quantum physics has proven..." and goes on to say something that has absolutely zero to do with quantum physics. I think the "logic" goes something along the lines of the fact that sub-atomic particles are in constant motion somehow proves that God or "the Universe" wants you to have everything you've ever dreamed of, just by thinking of it. PUH-lease!

Quantum physics, string theory and so on, do all get into very weird places. For example string theory (currently) suggests a universe made of 13 dimensions. :confused: I would guess that few people in the world outside of scientists really understand how these theories work. I certainly don't.

The connection between Quantum Physics and spirituality is largely based on the QP principal that the observer effects the results of the experiment. It would take some time to explain. If you are interested then start by searching for "Schroedinger’s cat". There's actually a free talk about this in Brisbane next month (http://www.brisscience.org/)

The jump in thinking that you talk about, is that since everything is made of quantum particles, then I as the observer, can effect my/the whole world by changing my thinking/observation. That's pretty much how the thinking goes.

I must say that much as I try and respect everybody's opinion, I can't help but find it embarrassing that so many women (in particular) seem to adopt some of these bizarre beliefs. :eek:

I will refrain from commenting on others beliefs :)

The jump in thinking that you talk about, is that since everything is made of quantum particles, then I as the observer, can effect my/the whole world by changing my thinking/observation.
The fact that thoughts can change the world is undeniable. But there's a huge leap from that point to saying that "therefore you can have everything you ever wanted just by believing in it", or however it's phrased by some of the LOA speakers.

I actually do believe that people largely get what they expect from life. But I don't think it has anything to do with a "Secret", or "laws of abundance", and definitely not to do with quantum physics (at least not in a way that anybody yet understands), but with basic psychology. If you don't get as good as you expect from life, it's an irritant to you and you'll either a) vigorously pursue something better (relationship, finances, whatever field), or b) change your expectations, so that the two coincide. We really don't like getting different from what we expect.

So if I lost everything tomorrow, I'd still expect that soon I'd recover the lifestyle that I had previously. Working a $15 per hour job would be a gross violation of my expectations, and I'd be highly motivated to find something that pays much more than $15 per hour.

But if I had been accustomed to earning $15 per hour, I wouldn't feel so put out to have to work a $15 per hour job, and would be much less motivated to change my circumstances. And I'd probably stay in the $15 per hour job.

I think this goes a fair way to explaining why people stay in unhealthy relationships - a lot of the time, those who are in such relationships really don't expect better. I'm not saying that makes them unworthy of sympathy, at all - I'm simply saying that one way to improve their lot is to work on creating higher expectations.

I really think it's as simple as that - it's the difference between what you expect and what you're getting that motivates you to change. No difference, then no impetus to change.

Hey WW,

Love your response at the top of this page. And I love the sense of humour re the T shirt! :) Now ...

I'd almost go out of curiosity.....but my current mindset didn't come overnight.....have been to many many presentations like this.....and my view is there's only so many ways to skin a cat........and I am better reading the development code and town plan, mixing with knowledgeable developers, and REAs, and PMs, and soli's.

OK WW, tell me this - where do I find 'the development code', and what is it? The town planning code? How does a newbie like me 'mix it with the knowledgeable developers' and what is a PM (property manager?) or a soli (solicitor?)?? I'm guessing soli is a solicitor?? But where do I meet them and why would they hang with a newbie like me?

Also everyone - and I guess there are lots of other posts on this - if I don't take DB's advice and search for a bargain, how do I decide where to buy?? ie Does it matter that much, or going by all the time in the market posts above, is it just a matter of buying anywhere reasonable and waiting it out??

Beginning IPs at 45, I figure I have 15 years to create my portfolio to support me in the lifestyle I know I deserve!! ; ) So I don't think I have a lot of time to recover from mistakes or to wait for growth to leverage into another property.

Any tips either directly on how to decide where to buy, research or of quality posts, are gratefully accepted. I love this forum but sometimes wonder if it is the best use of my time given how the gems are scattered throughout the thousands of posts.

Maybe a couple of you experts should get together and compose a required reading brick of the best posts which cover the basics?? It sure would help a lot!

Hey, 10 pages on my very first ever post is pretty cool, even if half of it was on typos in marketing or some people's obviously unfortunate experiences with Aussie women! : ) We're not all tyrants, air heads or gold diggers! : )

Tracey, seeing you've done DB's courses, can you enlighten us as to where she says to look for property?

Thanks guys.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO DESIREE"
I think the "what happened to Desiree?" question may be closer to being answered... I got an email from Dymphna today (along with everybody else on her mailing list), talking about being in the USA and trying to replace somebody's income in 90 days - it can only be Desiree, I assume...

"So far, so good. We're about 11 days in and we've signed contracts for several properties, giving us a passive income of about $24,000 per annum."

She promises to document the whole process when she gets home in 5 days. Ethann and I will be two of the many at her presentation this Sunday on the Gold Coast, so it sounds like we'll be able to get an answer to the "what happened to Desiree?" question.

I think the "what happened to Desiree?" question may be closer to being answered... I got an email from Dymphna today (along with everybody else on her mailing list), talking about being in the USA and trying to replace somebody's income in 90 days - it can only be Desiree, I assume...

"So far, so good. We're about 11 days in and we've signed contracts for several properties, giving us a passive income of about $24,000 per annum."

She promises to document the whole process when she gets home in 5 days. Ethann and I will be two of the many at her presentation this Sunday on the Gold Coast, so it sounds like we'll be able to get an answer to the "what happened to Desiree?" question.

Ha Ha

I saw that also and thought exactly the same thing:D

She must be reading Somersoft

of course, 'Desiree' begs the question, what on earth has her situation share in common with Australia.......

housing affordability, interest rates, inflation, economy.....all are chalk and cheese..........

but I will be curious to see what spin the Maestress puts on it...........

maybe she was waiting for the US housing market to soften a little more . rates to take a few more whacks from the Fed.....lenders to loosen up on approval processes..........before perpetuating the "Desiree Does Dallas" production.

BTW, what ever happened to McKnight's millionaire factory???

My goodness; $24k PASSIVE income;

That surely won't be nett rent - maybe a swag of "wraps"?

My goodness; $24k PASSIVE income;

That surely won't be nett rent - maybe a swag of "wraps"?
From what I know of Dymphna's strategies, I seriously doubt they'd be wraps. I'd be highly confident that's net rent... but we'll find out on Sunday, I guess.

Yields in parts of the US are seriously good.

Name one; and don't say Buffalo.
Whilst I've visited the US several times, I've not been there looking at real estate and I do not have any special knowledge. I have been to a one-day seminar of Dymphna's on investing in the USA, and saw some of the examples she gave. Yes, some of them were in Buffalo, but also in Florida, Kentucky, Nevada, Arizona, and Virginia, from memory.

I have no idea whether this is a good place to invest or not, I just tried to find one place with good yields that is NOT Buffalo, in response to your query (challenge?). Consider, for example, zip code 77021 in Houston, Texas.

Here is a house that would rent for $850 per month:

http://www.rentalhouses.com/view_listing.php?id=183976

I've attached a pdf of a house for sale in the same zip code which looks reasonably similar, selling for $45K.

$850 x 12 = $10,200 / $45K = 22.7% yield.

Now the rent may be a little lower, but it's hard to imagine you can rent any house for much less than $850 per month, and even at HALF that rent, it's still going to be cashflow positive.

Attachments

• houston house $45K.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 107
I have no idea whether this is a good place to invest or not, I just tried to find one place with good yields that is NOT Buffalo, in response to your query (challenge?). Consider, for example, zip code 77021 in Houston, Texas.

Here is a house that would rent for $850 per month:

http://www.rentalhouses.com/view_listing.php?id=183976

I've attached a pdf of a house for sale in the same zip code which looks reasonably similar, selling for $45K.

$850 x 12 = $10,200 / $45K = 22.7% yield.

Now the rent may be a little lower, but it's hard to imagine you can rent any house for much less than $850 per month, and even at HALF that rent, it's still going to be cashflow positive.

Could be ok.

$45k is amazingly cheap. So is Buffalo - makes you wonder why. The concerns there are problem tenants, high vacancies and problems with obtaining a decent PM.

There are yearly property taxes of around 1.5% of property value to add to the costs as well.

Back