Education/Mentorship Programs

Momentum Wealth (self) Education materials
Michael Yardney's Property Mentoring Program
Real Wealth Australia Property Mentoring Program (Helen Collier-Kogtevs)
Programs offered by Craig Turnbull
Programs offered by Peter Spann's company
If you are totally clueless about investing, have no time educate yourself and are happy to pay a premium, then one of these groups may be for you. If you are willing to spend time educating yourself through this forum, books, carefully selected seminars, a good broker etc, then you can do it a lot cheaper. Depends what works for you...

If you are totally clueless about investing, have no time educate yourself and are happy to pay a premium, then one of these groups may be for you. If you are willing to spend time educating yourself through this forum, books, carefully selected seminars, a good broker etc, then you can do it a lot cheaper. Depends what works for you...

Hi,

Just wanting to chip in my thoughts.

Being new to property investment, over the last 2 months I have spent hours and hours reading books and forums in front of the computer, identifying potential properties, working out the cashflow, checking on the target suburbs (in terms of vacancy rates and rental situation) and going to open houses. For some unknown reason, I still feel that I lack the total grasp of the understanding on property investment.

Last night, I have actually sent off enquiries to both Metropole and Property Searchers (BA, for Qld) and I just want to find out and satisfy myself if they are what I need and the premium that I pay will be worthwhile.

Regards,

LC

Could always pay one of us forumites $200 an hour to give you some ideas :D ... ok, maybe just shout lunch?

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hahahaha..... deal. ;) Way cheaper than mentoring program, eh?

But on a serious note, I will be starting to join in the gathering that is held in Brissy and that might give some ideas to kick start my journey in property investment.

Regards,

LC

Hi,

Just wanting to chip in my thoughts.

Being new to property investment, over the last 2 months I have spent hours and hours reading books and forums in front of the computer, identifying potential properties, working out the cashflow, checking on the target suburbs (in terms of vacancy rates and rental situation) and going to open houses. For some unknown reason, I still feel that I lack the total grasp of the understanding on property investment.

Last night, I have actually sent off enquiries to both Metropole and Property Searchers (BA, for Qld) and I just want to find out and satisfy myself if they are what I need and the premium that I pay will be worthwhile.

Regards,

LC

Hi LC
My situation is exactly like yours. I'm keeping myself busy with reading,internet,forum and...... till I get ready for action !!
I wonder if there's any of those semianrs in Sydney. I missed the one which was on March.

Hi, whitehope06

positive Realestate run workshops on Wednesday nights once a month in many cities (Sydney included). They are at St Leonards at 6pm and are free.

Their Mentoring program is $8,000 (2 people). They have mentoring workshops the night after the free seminars. If anyone is interested in the mentoring program you can sign up as a guest at the free lecture to attend the following nights mentor workshop.

Hi, whitehope06

positive Realestate run workshops on Wednesday nights once a month in many cities (Sydney included). They are at St Leonards at 6pm and are free.

Their Mentoring program is $8,000 (2 people). They have mentoring workshops the night after the free seminars. If anyone is interested in the mentoring program you can sign up as a guest at the free lecture to attend the following nights mentor workshop.

thanks Lynnee
I checked their website and the next one for Sydney is on 4th of June.I've just sent them an email. thanks again.

I have been a passionate investor since 1986 and have seen a lot of mentoring programs.
I have used The Investors Club as a mentoring and educational resource for about 4 years now and have purchased 3 properties through them that have performed very well. Plenty written about the club in this forum good and bad and I can only speak positively about them. I am a support member with them now and I help other members to develop their portfolio's. Our mentoring includes assistance on setting up a correct finance structure, correct property selection and ongoing support with leasing.

I have a perfect Investor Club property. Will rent for $300 a week by year end. 3 bed 2 bath townhouse in a gated community in a "growth corridor" as defined by TIC in SEQ. Only worth $280k or so but they'll take their 2.5% sales fee for me to put it through the newsletters. Surprised members aren't getting a cut of this sales fee.

Kelly and Jenny who organise the Perth Investors Group (WAIP) are both in Steve Mcknights mentoring groups. Several others who attend the group are in the mentoring groups also. (I'm not part of Steve's mentoring group) As part of our monthly meetings a member of the group does a presentation of a recent development, reno, etc. So I've seen quite a few projects including profits that investors have achieved through what they have learnt through the mentoring programs. I'm sure if you attend one of the future Perth Investor Group meetings they'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the mentoring groups. I'll be at the next meeting so I'll introduce you if you wish. Regards, Linda

Cool I'll have a chat with them.

I have read the $1 mil in 12 months book that I got from the library, and couldn't find the 0-130 IP's in 3.5 years so I bought it yesterday. I'm half way through it, its a really good book. Its really easy to understand too.

:)

Hi Alistair I have only recently finished reading 'From 0 to 260+ Properties in 7 Years' and had fully intended to mention SM in my original post but forgot. Thanks for the feedback about the program. Are any of the clients you refer to from Perth/WA?

Has anyone else on the forum actually done this program and could provide some first-hand feedback?

Hi Chaser, Whats the 0-260+ book like? Did he write this one after the 0-130 in 3.5 years book?

I believe you can't go past Jan Somer's books. They are straight forward and explain in very clear English how to go about establishing a property portfolio. All areas are covered, from finance to property selection, taxation, economic cycles etc.

That together with this forum and you are pretty well set. Most important piece of advice that I gained from Jan was 'Get started'...........

I have been fortunate enough to be able to contact very experienced investors from this forum. They have helped me greatly throughout the past year.

Their advice was unbias (ie not trying to sell a company line) based on 'real experience' and freely given! (I would have paid for it by the way!)

Regards Jason.

Thers r a few posts lately asking about mentirship to jumpstart building wealth with confidence .
Does anyone know what these people ended up doing re mentirship or investing?
Thnx

You dont need any of the all the ones mentioned.
The first 2 books from Jan Somers and Peter Spann.
The rest is all here.

Thers r a few posts lately asking about mentorship to jumpstart building wealth with confidence .
That's because they are out advertising they'll hold your hand and a few (or much more) thousand bux.

You dont need any of the all the ones mentioned.
The first 2 books from Jan Somers and Peter Spann.
The rest is all here.

That's because they are out advertising they'll hold your hand and a few (or much more) thousand bux.

Ditto

Anyone with average intelligence does not need a mentor/program/etc..imo

If you are below average/lazy/no time etc.. they use one but expect to have bias view.

Avoid any one who also develops as they will sell you their property. Use an truly independent Buyer Advocate. They should offer a range of property via a range of agents, not one agent, not on development.

You need to do the simple homework on what your strategy is.

Get a good property save accountant.

Do not use those recommended to you.

They may be great but more likely are not.

A great property, poorly structured can be disaster as much as a poor property.

Subscribe to API magazine and don't read the ads.

Anyone seriously successful, which I can say I am, will not need to charge you for money as they are successful, are they not? I would either charge lunch for advice or lots for total package and costs are not deductible until you get property. Unlike an accountant.

my 2 cents, Peter

I have just joined the forum and would like to seek some advice. My husband and I are only weeks from purchasing an IP and really kickstarting our investing journey. As well as having already read numerous posts on this forum, many books, magazines etc... we would like to undertake an education or mentorship program. The only problem is our heads are spinning after discovering so many options and not knowing which are worthwhile and reputable. Can anyone provide feedback of their first-hand experiences with any of the following (or feel free to suggest others):

Momentum Wealth (self) Education materials
Michael Yardney's Property Mentoring Program
Real Wealth Australia Property Mentoring Program (Helen Collier-Kogtevs)
Programs offered by Craig Turnbull
Programs offered by Peter Spann's company

Any feedback greatly appreciated. :)

Just thinking how the list of mentoring groups has expanded over the years since the initial post as well as our awareness of many groups... it would be interesting to tabulate them all.

Back