RealWealth Australia course

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Helen Collier-Kotgev's RealWealth Australia 12 month mentoring program?

We have a couple of IPs but are looking for someone to help us with our strategy going forward and education in how to find properties that outperform the average.

Would appreciate if anyone has any feedback on this program!

Thanks!
Ameena

Hi Ameena

I looked into Real Wealth Australia and recently listened to one of their Webinars. I don't know if their program would be good or not but the red flags for me were
- If you signed up to apply for a place in her program and were on of the first 100 accepted you would receive a $500 discount.
- Got me thinking how many people do they expect to sign up - even if they got 100 people to sign up at 5k each then that is $500000! How many times a year do they run these webinars!
- And if someone is willing to pay 5k - then why is there a selection criteria?

I don't know on what basis an application is not accepted by them - but I am assuming there may be questions such as your income and debt.
Why do they need to know this? So they can lead you towards some of their projects or JVs?

Ameena,
I to listened to the webinar and got to wondering if I need the motivation provided by this program or whether it would be more stuff in the cupboard and just make my bank account $5000 lighter.
It's a fair bit of money to spend if I then chicken out or lose momentum and don't put it to good use.
I wonder if spending that amount of money will be motivation enough to go through with it. It sounds like you do need to commit a bit of time to the course and research.

Why do they need to know this? So they can lead you towards some of their projects or JVs?

I know Helen & Ed, they do not sell anything except mentoring. They are not affiliated with any projects, JV's or anything like that, they do not make money from any other avenue except their mentoring. (and probably their new finance division and insurance division)

Regards Lisa

From their webpage... "My Friends Laughed When I Told Them I Was Going to Retire Financially Free Through Property Investing... But Then When I quit My Job...

Sound exactly the same as Ed Burtons marketing material that he used to push.

I'm not saying that they are going to disappear like Ed but he moved from property and into "Marketing Mode" (went to the states to learn as much as he could about it) and had the gold membership, platimun etc, offshore investing in vanuatu and the BulletProof asset protection products. All of which were designed to upsell via his seminars.

He had some good info but nothing that was not available on these very forums.

I am not attempting to discredit these people or questining their intentions. From my observations (and personal experiance), the reason people sign up to these groups is because they are affraid of making mistakes and aren't sure about going it alone as it is a lot of money to be risking.

It is only a risk if you don't do the work and become informed.

Read these forums, gets some info, contribute, develop a statergy (income v Capital growth) and then if you still want to spend money on other people get a good accountant, mortgage Broker and a Buyers agent.

The only real risk is not taking action.

If the only way you will take action is by joining these type of groups then go for it. Otherwise save your money, invest in yourself and then go for it (and go hard!)

Read these forums, gets some info, contribute, develop a statergy (income v Capital growth) and then if you still want to spend money on other people get a good accountant, mortgage Broker and a Buyers agent.

If the only way you will take action is by joining these type of groups then go for it. Otherwise save your money, invest in yourself and then go for it (and go hard!)

Nicely said... Find a good broker, conveyancer and accountant and their pool of knowledge will help massively!

From their webpage... "My Friends Laughed When I Told Them I Was Going to Retire Financially Free Through Property Investing... But Then When I quit My Job...

Sound exactly the same as Ed Burtons marketing material that he used to push.

I'm not saying that they are going to disappear like Ed but he moved from property and into "Marketing Mode" (went to the states to learn as much as he could about it) and had the gold membership, platimun etc, offshore investing in vanuatu and the BulletProof asset protection products. All of which were designed to upsell via his seminars.

He had some good info but nothing that was not available on these very forums.

I am not attempting to discredit these people or questining their intentions. From my observations (and personal experiance), the reason people sign up to these groups is because they are affraid of making mistakes and aren't sure about going it alone as it is a lot of money to be risking.

Good points to consider and I agree with you.

Dymphia Boholt charges $30,000 for her mentoring.:eek:
I think Steve McK charges around $5000.

I think for the price of $5000 it wont break the bank, but what is she providing one on one - I doubt it?

Perhaps you should phone and have a discussion with her on what she is actually providing and strategies. From memory 10 properties in 10 years, positive/negative to balance the portfolio.

On the positive note I like some of her strategies and at least she provides evidence that she has achieved success prior to establishing a mentoring program.

Cheers MTR

I know Helen & Ed, they do not sell anything except mentoring. They are not affiliated with any projects, JV's or anything like that, they do not make money from any other avenue except their mentoring. (and probably their new finance division and insurance division)

Regards Lisa

They do not sell anything apart from mentoring, books, audio cd's, cd roms, portfolio filing systems, dvd's, finance and insurance then :D

Anyone done the course?

I know this is an old post but rather than write a new one I figured I'd just ask here .

Has anyone on this forum gone through the mentor program and if so how did you find it?

Has it helped you and if so how, was it just to point you in the right direction, teach you an entirely new strategy to help you achieve your goals or did you find it to be a complete waste of time?

Happy to hear anyone's views on it but the purpose of my question is to hear from anyone who has been through the course.

Thanks.

Has anyone on this forum gone through the mentor program and if so how did you find it?

Reading this forum itself is a great mentorship and it is free!

BTW, as a newbie I found Helan's "Real wealth through real estate" a useful book and I will recommend it to other newbies as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Singo, I've been reading on the forum for some time with great interest and have definitely picked up a lot, was more curious to see the view of anyone who has done the course.
It seems there's plenty of people here who are happy to answer any questions asked and I agree that with time you can learn all of the same information from here and the usual team of professionals you should surround yourself with when investing that you could from a mentor course, just wanted to hear the perspective from someone in the know on this course.

Thanks for that Singo, I've been reading on the forum for some time with great interest and have definitely picked up a lot, was more curious to see the view of anyone who has done the course.
It seems there's plenty of people here who are happy to answer any questions asked and I agree that with time you can learn all of the same information from here and the usual team of professionals you should surround yourself with when investing that you could from a mentor course, just wanted to hear the perspective from someone in the know on this course.

Having done the course recently after considering several other options out there, I can proudly say that it was one of the best decisions of my life. Would highly recommend it to anyone. Yes you can learn a lot from forums and free resources but you've got to be careful of some misleading info that could be nicely wrapped up by spruikers and lead you astray. Information overload and analysis paralysis are other things that could slow you down. The thing I liked the most about RWA is that they only focus on the education aspect and truly believe in building peoples skills around property investment. They have a team of mentors to go to and I can't explain in words how valuable that is.

Yes, I have done their course.

I went primarily to learn about investing in Mining Towns and got everything I needed from it based on what I was there for.

Yes, I have done their course.

I went primarily to learn about investing in Mining Towns and got everything I needed from it based on what I was there for.

I realise this a bit of an old post....but if anybody had done the course, your feed back would be great.
If you have done the course, please share your results.
My partner is keen on this course, but not sure about spending so much cash!

Tegan

I'm currently going through the mentor program with RWA. Haven't bought anything yet but can say for someone starting with only a little experience(1 investment previously) I have learnt a great deal in a short amount of time. And hopefully will allow me to not make the mistakes that many do that just don't know!

IMO the money for me has been worth while. I havent even bought anything yet:D

Last edited:
I'm currently going through the mentor program with RWA. Haven't bought anything yet but can say for someone starting with only a little experience(1 investment previously) I have learnt a great deal in a short amount of time. And hopefully will allow me to not make the mistakes that many do that just don't know!

IMO the money for me has been worth while. I havent even bought anything yet:D

Thanks Thommo for your feedback.
Do u think its the sort of program for a person who has a few properties under their belt but just now needs guidance on how to move forward in the hunt for $100k passive income? :)

For me personally I think it is a good idea. Having had an investment property previously I cannot believe how much I was doing wrong and if I knew then what I know now I would still have it.

I think of it not as a cost for a seminar(course) but an investment in my education. I just think of how much I am spending on my kids for a good education and think, why can I not have an education too. Like I said I have learnt a lot already.

As far as helping you advance your portfolio it would most definitely help IMO. If you feel that you have something to learn then it is most likely so. I'm actually blown away that everyone doesn't know this sort of stuff but if we did no one would be renting and paying taxes.

There isnt any special secret that is taught here just comming sense portrayed in a sensible manner and sequence. RWA are not selling anything but as they say teaching you how to fish, not give you a fish. (some sort of saying in there:D)

Feel free to PM if you have any more questions etc.

Back