Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Had this happen with a property in Brisbane recently. We put in an offer with a $1k initial deposit, with no ?balance deposit? (QLD contracts have two deposits as I?ve just learned). Offer was accepted by the vendor and signed and away we went. Agent called me about a week later and said ?I noticed you didn?t put anything down as a balance deposit, our standard practice is 5% of purchase price so do you want me to just put down $20k payable within 5 days of the contract date?? He said it as if I didn't know what I was doing and it was my mistake. I kindly advised the agent that we now have a binding contact given both parties had signed and for him to send me the trust account details so I can transfer the $1k initial deposit, but he won?t be getting a balance deposit. Nice try though I guess

Got a reno gig under offer in Craigmore

Also offered on one in Salisbury which was accepted by vendors, but then the agent wouldnt accept 1k deposit, says its company policy to accept 10k minimum so told him to get lost.

What else is going on in northern burbs guys?

Congrats!

About time though :) Hopefully the vendor may twist the arm of the rea for the other place.

Although not directly related to property investing,the ABC's Four Corners program on Monday provided some inside into Elizabeth.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/04/14/3982809.htm

As someone who has lived in Melbourne (most of my life), Perth, Brisbane and now Adelaide I really felt depressed about what this place has to offer, particularly places like Elizabeth. 12 years of Labor (and another 4 to go) certainly hasn't done this place any favors. Just look at the economic data.

Although not directly related to property investing,the ABC's Four Corners program on Monday provided some inside into Elizabeth.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/04/14/3982809.htm

As someone who has lived in Melbourne (most of my life), Perth, Brisbane and now Adelaide I really felt depressed about what this place has to offer, particularly places like Elizabeth. 12 years of Labor (and another 4 to go) certainly hasn't done this place any favors. Just look at the economic data.

Quite humorous seeing the spin on the 4 Corners episode. Pity they avoided showing the complete new development throughout, large new industrial facilities employing a multitude more than Holdens etc.

That was pretty sad :(

And not very reassuring

But like any tv show they make it seem worse than what it is.

Also Elizabeth has been a place of unemployment for decades. And it hasn't relied only on Holden's to survive. My dad has owned a buisness in Elizabeth for 30 years and I have the heard the storys about generations of family's never working

Also like cjay said, why didn't they mention Elizabeth/ northern suburbs has huge industries close by like the raaf, dsto etc

My Elizabeth tenants are still best tenants I've had. Hardly hear from them, always paying on time no issues when I raise the rent each year and best of all property maintained to an acceptable level.

My Elizabeth tenants are still best tenants I've had. Hardly hear from them, always paying on time no issues when I raise the rent each year and best of all property maintained to an acceptable level.

Want to sell your tenants? :p

I've got my first Liz place settling next month. Wish me luck!

No,i felt sad as well,looking at the way people lived,the companies that built factories etc there,which are long gone, you are fully correct SA was moving right along in those days.

Bez, I see where you're coming from but 'way ahead' doesn't always equate to 'better'.

People all have different ideas of what a nice place to live is. For me Adelaide is doing alright. It seems to be starting to modernise yet still retain the heritage and the wonderful natural environment so close to the CBD.

Bez, I see where you're coming from but 'way ahead' doesn't always equate to 'better'.

People all have different ideas of what a nice place to live is. For me Adelaide is doing alright. It seems to be starting to modernise yet still retain the heritage and the wonderful natural environment so close to the CBD.

'alright' is not good enough.The rest of the country has been ploughing ahead. Adelaide is on government funded life support. All major projects around Adelaide are publicly funded by the tax payer, there is very little private investment.
Don't get me wrong it has many good things to offer, but it has to stop being so conservative and it must find a way to attract big business.

'alright' is not good enough.The rest of the country has been ploughing ahead. Adelaide is on government funded life support. All major projects around Adelaide are publicly funded by the tax payer, there is very little private investment.
Don't get me wrong it has many good things to offer, but it has to stop being so conservative and it must find a way to attract big business.

A change in govt would help alot

Aman, I am mainly refering to Elizabeth. Please watch that video vs what elizabeth went to become. I think that it is definitely coming back though.

Back