Email Client

Hi All,

Just got a new computer with Windows 7. Bought the cheaper Office 2010 without Outlook because I thought Windows came with Outlook Express.......a quick look last night proved me wrong.

So I am looking for a Email client (not web based) thatb can sync with my IPhone :)

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

GG

What OS have you got? Win Vista and 7 should have a client already from memory. Called Windows Live Mail.

Does it sync with iphone? No clue. Best thing is to try.

If you are after wireless syncing, it depends soley on the ability of your email server, not the client.

Have you still got the receipt? If so, it's not too late to get a Mac... :D

They have a mail client preinstalled called....wait for it... Mail... looks a lot like that mail client on your iPhone thingy.. ;)

Sorry, GG, just had to.

Seriously though, have you considered Mozilla Thunderbird?

Thanks for the replies.........

I saw Windows Live Mail when I was working my way thru this new OS (Win 7), I thought it was a web based thingo, which i hate.

I bought a laptop for my wife at the same time, I was looking at Mac's but I just couldn't do it.

I willm check out Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thanks

GG

the only thing i'm missing in thunderbird is outlook's system of reminders...

does anyone know a plugin which behaves like the outlook's reminders/ calendar?

the only thing i'm missing in thunderbird is outlook's system of reminders...

does anyone know a plugin which behaves like the outlook's reminders/ calendar?

The latest Thunderbird has the reminders (events & tasks) already built into it.

ah right so you had the add on installed.
i thought i'm going crazy for a moment

what does the mailwasher do?

why do you prefer it over standard thunderbird junk filter?

Yeah another +1 for thunderbird.

We have also just installed open office across our businesses computers and uninstalled office.... nearly got rid of all of microsofts products except for the OS.....

what does the mailwasher do?

why do you prefer it over standard thunderbird junk filter?

Heres the link to Mail Washer Pro for a look at what it does.

I particularly like being able to read the email without downloading it into my inbox. If its spam I can bounce it back to the sender and they think the email account is invalid.

Back