Engaged

Thanks everyone!

I didn't even know this thread was here until just now!

We're excited (well I know I am!) and I must say, this forum has treated me well over the years - I never thought it would bring me to such an amazing man though! :D

Thank you again, I'm still pretty speechless about the whole thing! And my jaw still hurst from giggling like a little school girl! :p

We're excited (well I know I am!) and I must say, this forum has treated me well over the years - I never thought it would bring me to such an amazing man though! :D

I bet you're both glad that I made you register when you were 14 after repeated episodes of you sitting on my knee reading the forum. :rolleyes: :p

Yowser!!!!!

How beautiful.

Exciting and wonderful and ...all that stuff, sort of feels like someone should make a speech at this point.:)

Congratulations!

Great stuff guys! And YES I bet it is the first SS engagement :D

Enjoy this most exciting time of your lives and all the very best for the future for a lovely couple :)

I'm envious of your position in that you've got two investors getting together. My girlfriend doesn't seem to like the idea of property investing at all and it can lead to some tense situations.

You'll be a dynamic duo for certain!

I'm envious of your position in that you've got two investors getting together. My girlfriend doesn't seem to like the idea of property investing at all and it can lead to some tense situations.

You'll be a dynamic duo for certain!

They are in a bit of a unique situation. Both sets of parents are investors too. I wish I had that kind of support when I started out, instead of just guessing. ;)

Don't worry, at first I was going it alone. Hubby would just sign the paperwork and was not interested in knowing too much. Over time this changes. Don't push her too hard. She might just need to see evidence that it works before she comes on board. You are young so you've got time on your hands. ;)

They are in a bit of a unique situation. Both sets of parents are investors too. I wish I had that kind of support when I started out, instead of just guessing. ;)

Doubly envious... if you two aren't millionaires in 10 years, I'm going to cry!

Don't worry, at first I was going it alone. Hubby would just sign the paperwork and was not interested in knowing too much. Over time this changes. Don't push her too hard. She might just need to see evidence that it works before she comes on board. You are young so you've got time on your hands. ;)

That's the plan... I think GF may be a bit intimidated by the fact that I'm probably always going to be earning more money than her (career choices) and this just adds to it... I've explained that I'd be more than happy to have 'split' portfolios etc... Eh, time shall tell.

*EDIT* eek, sorry for thread-jacking. I'll be quiet now.

Congratulations again!

Last edited:
OMG...just clicked on Sam's pic...she's gorgeous! So you get all that plus brains...you're a lucky lucky man James!

Don't forget to take a peek at James' pic! ;););):p

Congratulations to you both! :)

I met my man when he and I were the same ages as you two are now, and here I sit 15 years later, a very happy lady with two beautiful kids. I hope you enjoy a similar happiness. Best of luck

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS !!

I must admit I'd never seen Lil's photo before neither but was aware of the relationship via the hints on SS.

Great News ! We wish you both all the best

Don't forget to take a peek at James' pic!

Congratulations to you both! :)

I met my man when he and I were the same ages as you two are now, and here I sit 15 years later, a very happy lady with two beautiful kids. I hope you enjoy a similar happiness. Best of luck

Thanks, Casserole Dish!

James is a most attractive man, feel welcome to take a peak, although not quite sure how weird that is or not :p

I hope I can sit back in 15 years and feel the same way as I do now - if not more!

Back