Ensuite or combined bathroom/laundry?

Our house at Gladstone already had the garage converted to a "rumpus room" when we bought it. It is 200ml too short to be a fourth bedroom. The window conversion out the front looks like it belongs and there is a separate steel double garage constructed.

One day we will add a second bathroom and wardrobe and there will still be plenty of room for a "bed', I mean a bar and party area. I love Gladstone, I went to ask the council for the house plans to show where the plumbing went (the rumpus room adjoins the laundry) and they don't keep that info! Even when the garage was legally converted, there are no real records like we would have to supply down here. Being Gladdy, I don't want a granny flat but the rental would be another hundred dollars per week for a 4/2/2 rather than a 3/1/2.

Behind the original garage is a large laundry with doorways to the kitchen, outside and the new rumpus. Would you think it would be better to keep the laundry and outside door and make the new "bedroom" entranced via the lounge room, with its own bathroom, or convert the laundry to a combined laundry/bathroom. This would likely require us to lose the door to the outside. There is a second back sliding door from the dining room.

I'm thinking it would be better to add the ensuite and make the laundry accessible from the kitchen and outside only.

Back