Ensuite renos

After coming across a vanity I like, I was disappointed that in the double sink option the company has changed the drawers to doors, altering the look. Which raised the question for me - does a double sink in an ensuite add more value than a single. Similarly does a double shower add more value?
(In our context their isn't enough room for a double vanity in the main bathroom). Sorry if this has already been a topic (I don't have much success with the search button).
FYI this is our PPOR and we have no personal preference for either but at the same time if redoing a bathroom we would lie to make smart value adding choices.

id think as long as it matches the rest of the house, if the rest of the house is big and nice finishes the ensuite should be at a similar level.
dont over capitalise in the ensuite.

... - does a double sink in an ensuite add more value than a single. Similarly does a double shower add more value? Similarly does a double shower add more value?

No, not really. Valuers use comparable sales - which state numbers of bedrooms, bathrooms and car accom. as the basis for comparison. Then they look at quality of finishes.

Double sink/single sink probably never enters the equation. I don't think valuers count shower heads either. They don't get paid much for a val, so they stick their head in (if doing a walk-thru as opposed to a kerbside or drive-by) and get going pretty quickly.

Thanks for the feedback Bob and Propertunity.

What started this morning as a lets pop in and have a look turned into plans to reno both bathrooms. The house is in good shape but dated, instead of making IPs pretty for other people, its time to do something for ourselves.

For a PPOR in the last 3 places ensuites I have had Double Vanity, Vanity wide enough for a double but only single basin, and a single vanity.

Wide vanity with single basin worked best and:
Saved considerable amount over double vanity.
More usable cupboard space.
More bench space.

Thanks bash worth for the feedback. I spent the day touring the display homes. For our size space wider vanity single bowl was the way to go. A good day out, we had some floor tiles in mind and we were able to see how they work also.

Back